Author Topic: Quicker drive select?  (Read 4858 times)

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
Re: Quicker drive select?
« Reply #20 on: 10 April 2020, 11:00 »
This Hercules has quite a good Sport button

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHOvoO-6nWQ

That reminds me of a time when I used to work at Heathrow when our carpark was adjacent to the end of one of the runways. It was a foggy morning and time for Concorde's departure. I could hear it coming but couldn't see it until it was right next to me. As it went past climbing, the roar and the glow of the afterburners was incredible!
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Pretzel

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #21 on: 10 April 2020, 11:48 »

[/quote]That reminds me of a time when I used to work at Heathrow when our carpark was adjacent to the end of one of the runways. It was a foggy morning and time for Concorde's departure. I could hear it coming but couldn't see it until it was right next to me. As it went past climbing, the roar and the glow of the afterburners was incredible!
[/quote]

Great memory of the wonderful Concorde to have.

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #22 on: 10 April 2020, 13:07 »
I find eco mode horrible in my manual GTi. Literally feels like the boost has been halved. Don’t think it actually saves that much fuel from the times I’ve tried it. I’d maybe try the car in normal mode for drive.

This!

OP - why not enjoy your car day to day, presumably that's why you bought a GTI? That's why I've bought a second one, because every drive, no matter how short or how long, is fun, even commuting. I just can't understand your reasoning.

If he's got a van then maybe needs that for work on a daily basis? Nothing wrong with having the GTI for fun but certainly would never use the eco mode if it was a weekend car!
leave it in individual , all settings in race , suspension in comfort = ring mode

Normal GTI only has Sport, did the CSS have Race?

« Last Edit: 10 April 2020, 13:12 by Jim_mk7.5 »
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey