Author Topic: cant get vag com to work.  (Read 2616 times)

Offline jonnyturbo

• Forum addict
cant get vag com to work.
« on: 26 October 2010, 22:04 »
Well just got the obd cable off eBay and git drivers installed. Got vagcom lite and vagcom 409 us and can't get any off them to find the controller on car . Latency is poor how do I get it better please help
Gone but still keeping a close eye on it...

Mk4 golf 1.8t AUM Hybrid K03s. Custom Mapped by R-tech to 260bhp. CR hybrid turbo Audi TT injectors / fuel pump, Forge tip,THS FMIC,Carbonio CAI, Full milltek turbo back, N249 bypass, Fully poly bushed, Weitec coils. Genuine R32 front bumper and Genuine R-line rear, Genuine Porsche twists, Anniversary black interior.

Offline GunnerCP

• I live here
Re: cant get vag com to work.
« Reply #1 on: 26 October 2010, 23:58 »
I had the same problem, now have VCDS Lite working perfectly... Can't entirely remember what I did but this sounds somewhat familiar

"Go into system settings ,device manager then select ports right click on your usb serial port, select properties then port settings, select advanced you should then be able to choose a new port for your device.

You will also see the latency setting on the screen if you test the lead and it shows the latency as poor you will need to reduce this from 16ms for better results"

I remember I changed the com port and one of the settings as I had the latency issues but cant find the exact page, i'll have another look though.

Offline jonnyturbo

• Forum addict
Re: cant get vag com to work.
« Reply #2 on: 06 November 2010, 19:54 »
when i go into settings and choose com 3 and change the latency to 10 it just says port already in use then when i go to change the port its ok then cant get vag com to see a diff port  :undecided:
Gone but still keeping a close eye on it...

Mk4 golf 1.8t AUM Hybrid K03s. Custom Mapped by R-tech to 260bhp. CR hybrid turbo Audi TT injectors / fuel pump, Forge tip,THS FMIC,Carbonio CAI, Full milltek turbo back, N249 bypass, Fully poly bushed, Weitec coils. Genuine R32 front bumper and Genuine R-line rear, Genuine Porsche twists, Anniversary black interior.