Author Topic: Can I disable water and fuel beeps/noise with VagCom?  (Read 3356 times)

Offline MrRogers

• Here all the time
Afternoon all,

Exactly as the title states can it be done in my mk4? I thought it may be an option in the instrument settings.

Cheers
« Last Edit: 07 June 2010, 15:23 by MrRogers »
2000 Golf MK4 1.8 AGU black magic, Custom Code stage 1 remap, Forge 008, Simota Aeroform CAI, G60/VR6 Combo, Weitec GT Hicon coilovers, Golf GTI MK5 18" Monza style alloys, 10mm H&R spacers front + 20mm H&R spacers rear, OEM Polo MK5 aerial, Whiteline front ARB + Whiteline droplinks.

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
Re: Can disable water and fuel beeps/noise with VagCom?
« Reply #1 on: 07 June 2010, 15:04 »
quite possibly but the question I'm going to ask is why?  :huh:

I can understand the water one if you are retro-fitting clocks from a car that had the low washer fluid level but the fuel one is kind of important  :undecided:

Or are you on about the coolant warning sensor?

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #2 on: 07 June 2010, 15:16 »
As above why  :undecided:

Offline MrRogers

• Here all the time
« Reply #3 on: 07 June 2010, 15:21 »
I monitor my cluster quite closely all the time so i just see the sounds/beeps anoying aslong as the light is on i know its low. Just everytime starting the car with an assortment of warning noises gets quite anoying lol.

As you say the petrol sound is probably a must have but for the washer fluid im sure you can switch this off some how?

I have no problem with the warning noises like "STOP CHECK COOLENT" they are a must have. As this is what made me change my water pump and cam belt so quite important lol
2000 Golf MK4 1.8 AGU black magic, Custom Code stage 1 remap, Forge 008, Simota Aeroform CAI, G60/VR6 Combo, Weitec GT Hicon coilovers, Golf GTI MK5 18" Monza style alloys, 10mm H&R spacers front + 20mm H&R spacers rear, OEM Polo MK5 aerial, Whiteline front ARB + Whiteline droplinks.

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
Re: Can I disable water and fuel beeps/noise with VagCom?
« Reply #4 on: 07 June 2010, 15:25 »
I think its either on or off

i.e it beeps and the light comes on - I don't think you can set it so just the light comes on  :undecided:

If you find a way let me know as my airbag light / beep is doing my head in :laugh: :laugh:

I'd suggest looking in 17 - instruments and go to Adaption - scroll through the groups there and see if you can locate the right thing

Offline MrRogers

• Here all the time
« Reply #5 on: 07 June 2010, 16:44 »
Yeah i think thats the best thing. I did have a quick scroll through but i got tired of clicking lol so if i do find the option i suppose its just setting the value to either 1 = ON 0 = OFF. I have only just recently got the cable and software the other day and all i have managed to do is set is the Auto Windows option.

But i am determined to find a way to stop the anoying beeps im scared to move in my car it'll probably beep if i go to move my little finger NO CAN'T DO THAT lol.

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #6 on: 07 June 2010, 16:46 »
Yeah i think thats the best thing. I did have a quick scroll through but i got tired of clicking lol so if i do find the option i suppose its just setting the value to either 1 = ON 0 = OFF. I have only just recently got the cable and software the other day and all i have managed to do is set is the Auto Windows option.

But i am determined to find a way to stop the anoying beeps im scared to move in my car it'll probably beep if i go to move my little finger NO CAN'T DO THAT lol.

Correct  :nerd:

That's easy - make sure all your fluids are topped up  :tongue: :grin: :grin:

Offline Adam

• Forum addict
« Reply #7 on: 07 June 2010, 17:20 »
You need a full reg version of Vag-Com (VCDS) to adapt things and I cant remember seeing any option to turn the warnings off :/

How did you do the auto windows?

Down Hill From Here.

Offline MrRogers

• Here all the time
« Reply #8 on: 07 June 2010, 22:44 »
I have the full version of VagCom Lite im just getting to grips with it at the moment so i was able to have a little play around with it earlier on today.

By Auto Windows i mean setting the 'AntiHijack' i just call it Auto Windows because i prefer it lol...although would be nice just to lock the car with the fob and the windows go up.

The AntiHijack option was set in the 'Select Control Module option then into Comfort/Conv (46)' i can't remember which option it was in there to set the doors to Auto Lock & Unlock.

Ill have to have a look tommorow.
« Last Edit: 07 June 2010, 23:13 by MrRogers »

Offline Adam

• Forum addict
« Reply #9 on: 08 June 2010, 12:02 »
I turned on unlocking/locking beep on and turned my car German :afro:

Down Hill From Here.