Author Topic: Manual to DSG  (Read 13629 times)

Offline VWKev

• I live here
  • Please Support Non-Human Rights
Re: Manual to DSG
« Reply #60 on: 05 August 2009, 15:45 »
R32UK, your such a sook, can't you have just said its sh!t ?  :grin:

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
« Reply #61 on: 05 August 2009, 16:14 »
lol... I actually was looking to get a dsg as my next car, but after quite a few miles of living with it I decided it isnt for me. Would take it over a std auto on a larger car without a doubt. However on a performance hot hatch that often gets a thrashing.... no thanks!

Offline VWKev

• I live here
« Reply #62 on: 05 August 2009, 16:18 »
lol... I actually was looking to get a dsg as my next car, but after quite a few miles of living with it I decided it isnt for me. Would take it over a std auto on a larger car without a doubt. However on a performance hot hatch that often gets a thrashing.... no thanks!

I'd take DSG over an std too, dont think the wife would be too pleased if I got one.  :grin:

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Jkctr

« Reply #63 on: 05 August 2009, 19:05 »
What are you on about  :rolleyes:

It has manual! You have to think about each gear, which revs etc etc

It has a manual ? Ah didnt realise, which pedal is the clutch ?

You dont even have a bloody GTI mate so no idea why you are commenting on a DSG, of which you probly spent 30 minutes with in a test drive  :rolleyes:

Offline VWKev

• I live here
« Reply #64 on: 05 August 2009, 22:48 »

You dont even have a bloody GTI mate so no idea why you are commenting on a DSG, of which you probly spent 30 minutes with in a test drive  :rolleyes:

Now now, it was a simple question, just because you couldnt answer it you have a dig. Think the words I'm looking for is that your a bit of a bell end.

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • A.K.A. Geoff.
« Reply #65 on: 05 August 2009, 22:56 »
The thing with DSG is that owners of it will from the past 4 years of many forums defend there decision and don't like negative points brought up. Myself i think its a very personal option.
Over the past 4 years I have had use of a mk5 GTI DSG company car when needed (I have done about 25K in it myself) as well as our own manual MK5 GTI. I just found it was not for me.
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Jkctr

« Reply #66 on: 06 August 2009, 18:03 »

Now now, it was a simple question, just because you couldnt answer it you have a dig. Think the words I'm looking for is that your a bit of a bell end.

Resorting to derogatory remarks? tut tut  :rolleyes:

It has two clutches if you really want to know, perhaps if you had a gti, or even a golf you would know. Seems i touched a nerve by showing you up  :laugh:

Offline VWKev

• I live here
« Reply #67 on: 07 August 2009, 15:09 »

Resorting to derogatory remarks? tut tut  :rolleyes:

It has two clutches if you really want to know, perhaps if you had a gti, or even a golf you would know. Seems i touched a nerve by showing you up  :laugh:

You win Julie.

Offline Ess_Three

• I live here
« Reply #68 on: 08 August 2009, 04:16 »
Interesting thread...

I'm thinking DSG, Manual, DSG...Manual...Oh, I give up. don't know.
I fancy a Mk6 GTI...but don't know which to go for.

The best option seems to be to buy my old mans Mk5 GT DSG and live with it for a few months...that way, I'll either love it, or hate it.
Either way, if I then go for a Mk6 GTI I will know I'm happy with the gearbox choice.

I like what I've found driving DSG so far (short drives) but when it comes to living with it daily...all bets are off. Time will tell.

I'm not sure I'd want DSG in a weekend/fun/sports car...but in a daily driver, I'm certainly tending towards it being a good choice.

Reducing my Golf count by the week....
..but gaining motorcycles.

Offline keelaw

• I live here
  • It's here!
« Reply #69 on: 08 August 2009, 04:59 »
Interesting thread...

I'm thinking DSG, Manual, DSG...Manual...Oh, I give up. don't know.
I fancy a Mk6 GTI...but don't know which to go for.

The best option seems to be to buy my old mans Mk5 GT DSG and live with it for a few months...that way, I'll either love it, or hate it.
Either way, if I then go for a Mk6 GTI I will know I'm happy with the gearbox choice.

I like what I've found driving DSG so far (short drives) but when it comes to living with it daily...all bets are off. Time will tell.

I'm not sure I'd want DSG in a weekend/fun/sports car...but in a daily driver, I'm certainly tending towards it being a good choice.

Does your dad's GT have the flappy paddles? Personally I think that makes a big difference to the level of interaction one would get from the dsg manual mode.

Really surprised that it wasn't standard on mkV gti dsgs

Mk6 Golf GTI 5dr, DBP, Monza Shadow, Xenons, ACC, RCD510, Park Assist, Camera, Lux pack.... and now bluetooth.... and now DSG!