Author Topic: AUM 1.8T What setup have i got?  (Read 4396 times)

Offline barrym381

• Forum addict
Re: AUM 1.8T What setup have i got?
« Reply #10 on: 03 January 2017, 19:50 »
Thanks for the info. What's a yellow spring? And what's best 007 or 008?

Sorted the fuel smell. One of the lines wasn't pushed in enough near the coolant. Will I need much additional hosing to go back to one setup.
A standard d/v will do  :smiley:

Offline OSR

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #11 on: 03 January 2017, 21:29 »
The Forge 007p was the "original" upgrade for a recirculating turbo engine like the 1.8t. Extremely popular with the 1.8t crowd - I've had one fitted for about 8 years and never had a single issue. The 008 is Forge's recent updated version to the 007 - not sure what the difference is, im assuming they've improved the material or something but tbh there was nothing wrong with the 007 however you may only be able to get the 008 now as it supersedes the 007?

As for spring colour the standard spring they come with is green, then yellow and red increasing in stiffness. Generally the more boost you're running the stiffer the spring you need to fit. Again I've still got the green spring in mine and I'm stage 2 Revo with 230bhp, no issues whatsoever and was advised by the tuner to stick with green.

Offline Rg_

• Not said much yet
« Reply #12 on: 03 January 2017, 21:59 »
Right I see. Yeah just checked it out online, looks like a good bit of kit.

So for fitting...

So forge 008 into where the bung is now. Then I need some of that standard s piping to go from the 008 to where that blanking plate is at the moment. On the cold side closest to the air box then there should be a vacuum hose that goes into the top of the 008? Where does the other end of that hose come from?
« Last Edit: 03 January 2017, 22:05 by Rg_ »

Offline Rg_

• Not said much yet
« Reply #13 on: 04 January 2017, 00:05 »
On picture 5 where I have the blanking plate. What is the name of the original pipe that would of gone from here over to the recirc valve? And is there a silicone one available if so. Will have to get one for the install.

Offline OSR

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #14 on: 04 January 2017, 08:55 »
The hose in pic 5 that is blanked off is a formed piece (it wanders around like a bit of spaghetti to avoid various bits and bobs). A silicone version is available and forms part of the 5-piece boost hose kits you can get from Forge, Samco, eBay etc.

The vacuum hose at the top of the DV is 4mm ID but a common mod if to simplify the vacuum system and remove a lot of the junk. There's a guide on here I believe and once done it runs straight to a vacuum port on the inlet manifold.
« Last Edit: 04 January 2017, 12:51 by OSR »

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
« Reply #15 on: 04 January 2017, 09:46 »
Dv to inlet
Inlet to fpr

While your blanking stuff off you can simplify the breather sytem and keep the oils out the inlet manifold by blanking it off under the inlet and then blank the tb vac off to the charcole canister i think...

You need to leave the n249 valve plugges in but just dont have a vac hose to it

Offline Rg_

• Not said much yet
« Reply #16 on: 04 January 2017, 13:29 »
What's this guide called? Is it the N249 bypass?

Also any benefits to fitting the 007/8 down where it is at the moment?

It does the oem spot win.

I only ask as forge do a relocation kit.

Offline OSR

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #17 on: 04 January 2017, 14:19 »
Yeah there's the N249 bypass/PCV simplification guide - generally you would also fit a catch can while you're at it.

As for DV relocation to the "cold side" (like where yours is currently) I have no personal experience but I think people reckon it gives a crisper sound or something. How true the claims are of other benefits I have no idea. Think most people stick with and updated 007/008 valve in the OEM location.

Offline Rg_

• Not said much yet
« Reply #18 on: 04 January 2017, 15:00 »
Ok I will look at doing that too. What does the catch can do?

Yeah just got me thinking as I've got half he piping why not give it a try,but we will see. Going to order the 008 today.

And just to confirm the small "spaghetti" like hose that goes into the top of the 008. Where does the other end go? Is that to do with the n249 then.

Just trying to picture it without looking at my car engine. Think it's the same hose that at the moment is coming from my dump valve in its current position.

Just wondering if I need to order up any additional hosing for the install and movement to oem place.

Offline OSR

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #19 on: 04 January 2017, 17:18 »
No the "spaghetti" type hose I was referring to goes from the metal 90deg hardpipe that is blanked off in your engine at the moment to the side of the DV. The other large port on the DV fits downwards into the TIP (inlet pipe after the MAF that goes down the back of the engine to the turbo). The small nipple on the tip of your DV goes to the inlet manifold as per Lemskis post above.

Hope that makes sense? I can maybe get a photo of two for you later this week?