Author Topic: Crash Number 2!!  (Read 7807 times)

Offline Trooper007

• Not said much yet
Crash Number 2!!
« on: 02 April 2014, 08:53 »
I feel someone will take my car off me for GTI abuse, I will take better care of her I promise.
Story.... Going to shop. Start car. Forgot money. Stop car. Exit car for money. The rest is history.
If you have a bad ticker don't watch this video as it is heart breaking.

http://youtu.be/tb7vS1ybX4c

The bill for first bump came in at €11000 so will wait a bit to get this sorted, have cleaned up and stuck bits back on so don't really notice it.
IT can only get better!!!

Offline JBirchy

• Here all the time
Re: Crash Number 2!!
« Reply #1 on: 02 April 2014, 09:33 »
Oh dear...  :embarrassed:
MK7 GTI 3-Door DSG, Tornado Red, Discover Nav, Winter Pack, ACC, Keyless Go, Reversing Camera, Service Pack... Ordered 28th Oct... Collected 1st March!

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 02 April 2014, 09:54 »
dear oh dear... I can only imagine my own reaction if I saw my car rolling off heading for the wall!

I must say it's something I've almost done myself, but not on an incline like that. With the handbrake being auto "most of the time", you tend to forget if you've switched it off manually. If you are just moving the car around in your driveway for example and not wearing the seatbelt, the handbrake won't auto-engage when you open the door....
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 02 April 2014, 09:55 »
Why advertise your stupidity?  I think someone should take the car away from you.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Trooper007

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 02 April 2014, 10:01 »
Why advertise your stupidity?  I think someone should take the car away from you.
Hope this will save Just one GTI from same fate.
IT can only get better!!!

Offline kodkod.84

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #5 on: 02 April 2014, 10:03 »
Lucky the car didn't roll through the gap and hit another vehicle, or worse a person- the girl in the red top walked by in just the right time!

Offline mikeok

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #6 on: 02 April 2014, 10:24 »
That is amazing..may be a dsg next time to stop this from happening...
GTI PP,CSG, dsg, DCC, keyless, park assist 19"Santiagos.
Climate windscreen, Nav.

Golf R on order. 5dr dsg, 19", keyless.
Passat Estate Biturbo Black, on order.

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 02 April 2014, 10:37 »
I thought when you take off your seatbelt that the automatic brake engages. Is this not the case?

Offline JBirchy

• Here all the time
« Reply #8 on: 02 April 2014, 10:45 »
I know in my DSG car, (I don't use the Auto Hold feature so the Automatic handbrake isn't active) I'm generally safe as I just stick the lever in P and I'm covered anyway but it really must have been a heart sink moment when you came back out the front door and saw it in that bush!
MK7 GTI 3-Door DSG, Tornado Red, Discover Nav, Winter Pack, ACC, Keyless Go, Reversing Camera, Service Pack... Ordered 28th Oct... Collected 1st March!

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 02 April 2014, 10:48 »
I thought when you take off your seatbelt that the automatic brake engages. Is this not the case?

It does, but only if you were wearing it in the first place. Or maybe it doesn't if you aren't using Auto-Hold. Not sure.
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.