Author Topic: Off the road insurance  (Read 1767 times)

Offline tri

• Not said much yet
Off the road insurance
« on: 14 April 2007, 22:59 »
Hi all i'm looking for someone that will insure me (18) for my MK2 GTI 8v for it to be sat in my drive way not to be driven even when i ask some companies i'm getting 1k+ just to sit in my drive or am i just doing it wrong.

Offline Mew

• I live here
Re: Off the road insurance
« Reply #1 on: 14 April 2007, 23:16 »
Why do you want to do that?

Anyway, try Elephant/Admiral/Bell (all the same company but prices vary between them) and add your parents as named drivers to bring the price down!

Offline tri

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 14 April 2007, 23:23 »
i want to so it cause i am gonna "fix" it and just make it all nice while using mums car (everything paid for:P) then when i get more hours at work and can aford to drive the car i will but back to topic i tried them all and wanted 1600ish for 3rd party fire theft and i don't wanna be driving the car without it being covered in the event of accident

Offline DubFan

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 20 April 2007, 03:05 »
I've never heard of insurance for having the car parked up.
If it's that expensive to insure, why not just try for a classic car (limited milage) policy, that way it's covered when on your driveway.

I assume you just want it covered incase some pikey comes along and decides to have some fun.

How long do you intend keeping it on the drive? If it's only for a short while, you could get it added as a second car to your parents policy, so that it doesn't cost them much extra. But that won't really help you if you're trying to build up a NCB.