Author Topic: POINTS!?!?  (Read 4333 times)

Offline Chidub

• Not said much yet
POINTS!?!?
« on: 22 March 2007, 22:56 »
Hi guys, just wondering if anyone can help? I just got caught doing 45mph in a 30mph, they gave me 3 points and £60 fine. I drive a mk3 Golf Driver and my insurance is about £550, will it go up by a lot? I haven't got any points before but the cop said it wont go up too much as around 70% of the country now have 3 points or more. Any idea's?

Offline martinb

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
Re: POINTS!?!?
« Reply #1 on: 22 March 2007, 23:11 »
Depends on who you are with but as the officer pointed out they are so common now that most insurance companies are not to bothered by one minor offence. I know with the majority of companies we use it would not make any difference!

Martin  :smiley: 

Offline Chidub

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 22 March 2007, 23:16 »
Thanks for your help Martin.
I couldnt even argue with the guy. Especially after I told him I've been getting away with it for 5 years!

Offline martinb

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #3 on: 22 March 2007, 23:22 »
always best not to argue, i tried that several years ago and ended up getting 5pts and a £150 fine rather than just 3pts!  :embarassed:

Offline Sammie-golf-cabrio

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #4 on: 22 March 2007, 23:23 »
my insurance dont know about my 3 points    :grin:
wayne kerrS

Offline monzablue16v

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 22 March 2007, 23:23 »
D'oh I have 6 points 2 speed cameras, and they didn't make much difference if any to my insurance. Just be a bugger if it wasn't 2 yrs 2 months after passing when I got em :gulp: Go this year though :)

Probably got lost in the "Great Crash of 08

Offline Chidub

• Not said much yet
« Reply #6 on: 22 March 2007, 23:25 »
what happens if I dont tell them? :evil:

Offline monzablue16v

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 22 March 2007, 23:27 »
You could get very told off when they pull you next time and if you crash your car the insurance co will just void your policy just hope it's not a Veyron you ran into the back of :) other than that no worries LOL take the hit and tell them you know it makes sense.

Probably got lost in the "Great Crash of 08

Offline Chidub

• Not said much yet
« Reply #8 on: 22 March 2007, 23:30 »
A friend of mine insured his MR2 as a normally aspirated 2.0 16v. He then got crashed into and rung the insurance company. They offerd £1290 but when he told them it was a turbo they upped their offer to £1900! Nuts, however, I might just blag it that I had already told them and they've got crap admin?!

Offline martinb

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #9 on: 22 March 2007, 23:34 »
Its really not worth the risk especially when at worst it will probably have little effect. Your mate was lucky and most companies record their calls now so can prove exactly what you have and have not told em  :rolleyes: