Author Topic: anyone interested in meeting up for a track day??  (Read 6311 times)

VeeDubGTI16v

Re: anyone interested in meeting up for a track day??
« Reply #10 on: 27 May 2010, 11:57 »
on a southern airfield yeah toph  :afro:

Offline Diamond Hell

• Serious forum addict
  • Opinions я Us
« Reply #11 on: 27 May 2010, 13:43 »
Sounds interesting.

if we have appropriate safety equipment (buckets, harnesses and cages) in some of the forum regular's track cars AND an appropriate disclaimer, selling passenger sessions for X laps a time through the day (for charidee or to cover costs) that might provide an unusual slant on the event.....
Just because you're offended doesn't make you right.

Holiday cottages on the Isle of Wight for 2-10 people? PM me.

Offline johnson6672

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 27 May 2010, 17:56 »
That sounds good, there are loads in the south, Keevil is meant to be good near chipenham (close to Coombe) even if my track car isn't ready i would be up for some spectating/thrill rides in a passenger seat :smiley:
MK4 GTI T AGU, REVO Remap, BMC carbon box, Miltek cat back, Forge diverter valve, THS FR3 engine/Gbox mounts, Some random alloys, lowered on coilovers.
192bhp 212lbft torque.

Offline danny_p

• Forum addict
« Reply #13 on: 27 May 2010, 18:54 »
this is getting intresting.    i'll be up for hooning round an airfield
all the VW's have gone bar 1.

Offline Paul86S2

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 27 May 2010, 20:07 »
Plenty of localish airfield venues in the vacinity of Combe.

Keevil, Hullavington, Colerne and Abingdon. Only trouble is that they are all still active mod bases. Insurance for organising a day of your own at these venues may be prohibitive, plus you will need certified marshalls etc. But if you are serious approach someone like Motorsport Events and they would probably be interested in running the whole day for you for a good price, plus they have the insurance and the staff.

If you want a very cheap track to hire then Llandow just across the Severn Bridge is about the cheapest in the UK.

Off to Hullavington tomorrow.

Paul

Offline topher

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
  • fully functioning
« Reply #15 on: 27 May 2010, 22:12 »
i have access to X-number of track/race cars with professional drivers for the day (although not all of them are vag), never even thought of passenger rides so good shout :cool:
the one in mind is a pretty uk central location.. i can arrange a smaller more hardcore one somewhere like cadwell at a later date on a shared day

Offline AaronGS

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 27 May 2010, 22:19 »
i would be interested, especially if location is central as I am up north.

Offline RyanMac

• Not said much yet
« Reply #17 on: 29 August 2010, 09:52 »
Is this still being planned toph as I'll be up for it.....

Offline Tazzy

• I live here
« Reply #18 on: 05 September 2010, 15:29 »
hopefully me jumping on this thread will be of some use

has anyone heard of shakespeare country raceway, long marston airfield, stratford?

well on sunday 17th october, theres a run what ya brung day there, my club are going as were having a competition with another club, however, as its an already organised event, were just jumping on board as a side-event, so expect it to be busy with drag bikes, track-built drag cars, probably the almera club, as well a couple of ford clubs

should be a ood day, how about it guys?

its £12 on the gate, with £20 for unlimited runs, halmets must be worn (something to do with their insurance)
If It Comes Off, Modify It!

Offline topher

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
  • fully functioning
« Reply #19 on: 05 September 2010, 15:55 »
SCR is just a drag strip isn't it? That's kind of the opposite of what i was aiming at, we already have the GTI festivals at Pod and GTI International for straight line action.

I haven't forgotten about this, it's just the wrong (i.e expensive) time of year right now to try and get any sort of track to ourselves. The venue i'm looking at is literally double price during race season. I could probably sort something at Mallory but it isn't the newbie friendly type of track we need for most members here.