Author Topic: (Another) Newbie...ED35 finally here!  (Read 22589 times)

Offline Big_Dave

• GTI forum regular
Re: (Another) Newbie just ordered!
« Reply #10 on: 12 May 2012, 20:23 »
If you saw ed35 in white, you would fall in love with it  :drool:

Haha, certainly not denying I wouldn't love it, heart's on the grey now, and the dealer has my deposit!

Big Dave, welcome,  great choice of car and best colour for a GTI IMHO. I have had Black and White (both great) and now Carbon Grey and don't regret it at all. I get a lot on admiring glances and nice comments from people so you can be assured you have made the right decision.  :smiley:

Thanks for the kind words Edi35. The Carbon one I've seen was parked next to a Blue Graphite and it looked loads better (may be my colour blindness coming in too!)
Carbon Grey Edition 35, DSG, ACC, Cruise Control, Luxury Pack, RCD 510, TPMS

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 12 May 2012, 20:57 »
Thanks for that info...maybe if I ring every day they'll make it a priority to get me off their back?! 5 door, would've gone 3 except I have slight OCD with my cars, and the amount of times I have people in the back I'd be literally whincing as people's shoes scuff the back of the leather seats! Also means it'll still work in the future if some mini-Big_Daves come along!  :laugh:

No worries pal, it's there if you need it :wink:

5drs that's the same reason I have 5drs...I have a 18mnth old girl and the extra doors are a god send, or tho the kicking in spine isn't  :laugh:
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • A.K.A. Geoff.
« Reply #12 on: 12 May 2012, 21:06 »
5 month wait Ouch..
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline Ed35 chunk

• Here all the time
« Reply #13 on: 12 May 2012, 21:47 »
They say that long but mine was 10 weeks
Gti ed35, dsg reflex silver met, rns510, dynaudio, rear cam, parking sensors, revo stage 2+, hpfp, revo intake, turbo back milltek non res inc sport cat,

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 13 May 2012, 00:02 »
They say that long but mine was 10 weeks

Yeah when I put my order in I was told to expect a 6mnth wait but got it in 4mnths and a bit...
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline RickS

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 13 May 2012, 05:48 »
Welcome Dave; sorry to put a damper on things but; don't get your hopes too high that you'll have your car in up to 5 months. I ordered my R on 4th Feb and haven't got a confirmed build week yet; I'm pretty sure the problem is the DSG being in short supply; VW are putting this on everything now and it's causing a shortage.
I hope you do get your car in <5 months [But only if I do too :grin:]
2012 R. Rising Blue 3 door DSG with 19" Talladega's, RNS510, Dynaudio, Cruise, DCC, Rear Cam, Colour MFD, Lux pack, Storage pack, Service plan.

Offline Big_Dave

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #16 on: 13 May 2012, 09:42 »
That's the thing I like about the GTi GTD, it does literally everything, including get you kicked through your seat!  :grin:

The dealers I spoke to said anywhere between 2 and 5 months so it does seem like a bit of a lottery. If it comes in time for the start of September though it'll be a nice birthday present!

That's not nice to hear RickS, do you keep pestering the dealer? I'd be ringing most days if mine's going to be that long getting the line!

As a side note, apparently there's only been 30 edition 35's registered?!

Offline Ryder

• Just got here
« Reply #17 on: 13 May 2012, 09:55 »
I have been thinking of getting a 5 door DSG edition 35 but having to wait 5 months would drive me mad.
Spoke to the local dealer and he reckons they have been getting them through in 12 weeks, and as quick as 7 weeks for a manual. He is so confident that he is prepared to order one to my spec and if it doesn't come in a reasonable time I can take it or leave it.

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • A.K.A. Geoff.
« Reply #18 on: 13 May 2012, 10:16 »
You could always try contacting the user EVO1986 on here he is a vw dealer and very helpful he may have inside info on delivery time or be able to get you one quicker. I know If I ever buy another vw he will be first port of call as I have messed about by other dealers far too much.
« Last Edit: 13 May 2012, 10:18 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline Big_Dave

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #19 on: 13 May 2012, 10:21 »
This sounds suspiciously like some dealers are getting priority?!

Also, I'd be careful what the dealer defines as 'reasonable'. Either way, nice to hear a positive  :smiley:

RickS, do you think your delay could be to do with 4wd also? There's a lot of 4wd VAG cars now.

Thanks Snoopy. Only issue I'd have with that at the moment is the deposit is none-refundable, and the price I hammered out the dealer is quite good considering what it sounds like some have paid. Will bare that in mind from now on though!