Author Topic: Er guys......  (Read 9973 times)

Offline 08micsta

• I live here
  • 1982 Mini 1275 Clubby
Re: Er guys......
« Reply #10 on: 20 September 2007, 08:12 »
I didnt mean to create an argument of sorts. :rolleyes:
We dont have access to our browser history etc on our school accounts and the program the school uses is called Surfcontrol or something like that and basically it scans the sites and if it finds anything the network administrator does not like it pops him a message and he checks it out and then bans the site.

VwVortex has been banned because of a picture that surfcontrol picked up and I dont want this forum banned. I guess I will go speak to him and tell him that i dont look at it.  :embarassed:

Thanks though anyway.
 :smiley:

The Ultimate Club for Mini Fanatics

Join our group now!

No PAS. No ESP. No DSC. No TCS. No ABS. Just my right foot between me and oblivion. Oh - And a seatbelt.

Offline eightyeightmph

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 20 September 2007, 15:21 »
Some guys having fun! I'm insulted! Do you know how hard it is too find decent pics of girls with vw's! It's flippin' hard work :wink:

I used to have similar issues at school, but you either have to realise that you have twice the IQ of the admin guy & probably know alot more about PC's or you just stay clear of NSFW threads & hope the scan don't pick anything up.

As for an over 18's thread, that wouldn't chance the content of the website so can't see it helping. Sorry dude?! :undecided:
2016 GOLF GTD

Offline richandhazel

• Global Moderator
  • Forum addict
« Reply #12 on: 20 September 2007, 15:24 »
Everyone on here is pretty good at warnings, i.e. NSFW or adult content etc. Steer clear of them and you should be fine.........that's what I do at work. I then check it out when I get home :smiley:
If you look at it whilst at work or school, despite the warnings, then frankly that is down to you I'm afraid.

Dinky

« Reply #13 on: 20 September 2007, 19:38 »
Hence my brilliant idea of putting NSFW...so you dont look.. :wink:
see..and people say i dont come up with clever things.. :grin: shut it..

Dinx :kiss:

Offline Len

• 10k hero
  • Guardian of the Seas, Protector of Waves
« Reply #14 on: 20 September 2007, 20:08 »
You sure? I thought it was topher?
Mystic Blue Mk3 16v + Black Mk5 Gti 05 plate + Peugeot 405 Mi16

www.sas.org.uk
www.the-ace.org.uk

Dinky

« Reply #15 on: 20 September 2007, 20:24 »
DId I not just say that it was me like? :rolleyes:
Toph just deletes peoplethings that p!ss him off..

Dinx :kiss:

Offline gibby

• Forum addict
  • Champions of Europe,ooh ,just the five times then!
« Reply #16 on: 21 September 2007, 13:22 »
I think we may appreciate we're 08micsta is coming from and no one would want this site banning from school/work etc, but I think if that thread gets locked or deleted now people will be hunting you down ! :grin:

Toph will know the answer to this, but I thought surf control type software blocked sites according to the meta tags of each websites and you can specify websites directly if required, as for if they are clever enough to search through threads and content of a website, specifically forums, then I don't know. 
......now officially dubless.

Offline Mew

• I live here
« Reply #17 on: 21 September 2007, 13:28 »
I think if that thread gets locked or deleted now people will be hunting you down ! :grin: 

Going by your enthusiasm in the thread you'll be the one doing the hunting!  :wink:

Offline DaveGTiMK

• Here all the time
  • 16v MK3 GTi
« Reply #18 on: 21 September 2007, 13:36 »
not to be a stick in the mud, but this is a car forum, for owners and enthusiasts of VW cars, the key there is OWNERS, so surely most people that visit the site will be 17+ as they own/drive a VW.

I didn't come on here to meet kids, I joined to discuss my interest of owning and enjoying my VW with like minded inderviduals. OK yeah there will always be silly threads on any forum, thats why the nonesense section is there so peeps can chat.

Any 16 year old surely is just browsing? Especially with a thread like the babes one, unrestricted girly pictures, I'd of given me right arm (actually maybe my left one) at 16 to have access like this.

As adults we should apply a certain level of decoram and conduct ourselves in a respectfull manner so a 18+ aduly only VW section should not be needed.

I think Len touched on this on one of the threads that got chopped due to people not acting in this way.

But anyway my point is this is an adult forum due to the topic its about.

Gonna hangout with the wangout

Offline gibby

• Forum addict
  • Champions of Europe,ooh ,just the five times then!
« Reply #19 on: 21 September 2007, 13:40 »
I think if that thread gets locked or deleted now people will be hunting you down ! :grin: 

Going by your enthusiasm in the thread you'll be the one doing the hunting!  :wink:

Tracking down as we speak ! :grin:

I think Dave just about sums it up there.
......now officially dubless.