Author Topic: Current availability and Discounts at the moment  (Read 8719 times)

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
Re: Current availability and Discounts at the moment
« Reply #40 on: 17 February 2019, 09:56 »
VWFS were fine to deal with when I handed back my Octy vRS. Even though there was a poor repair to a rear panel the charge was waived as the work had been done by a VW approved body shop.

There is a guide here about what happens at the end of the lease including BVRLA wear and tear guide and schedule of potential charges. In many cases the charge is less expensive than arranging the repair.

https://www.vwfinance.co.uk/en/privatecustomers/how_agreements_work/contract_hire/at_the_end_of_agreement.html

That lease deal looks like excellent value, however these appear to be stock cars, so you may want to check they are the latest spec.
7.5 GTD

Offline Mutley75

• Here all the time
« Reply #41 on: 17 February 2019, 10:06 »
They’ll be fine with a bit of minor wear and tear eg a few stone chips and maybe a light tickle on the alloys. When I looked at lease deals I think it added £12 pm for Brescias.
Golf GTi Performance Edition (2019), 5dr, DSG in Isaac Blue, Dynaudio & Brescia alloys.

Offline Phuture

• Not said much yet
« Reply #42 on: 17 February 2019, 10:14 »
I'll see what they come back with, it does day 2019 car but there may well be a catch...

Offline kmpowell

• I live here
« Reply #43 on: 17 February 2019, 10:15 »
I handed back a Golf Match Edition to VWFS at the start of last year, which I'd had on a 2yr lease.

There was one minor door chip from where my ex had the door pinged in a car park, but that was covered under wear & tear.

The inspector went over it with a fine tooth comb, as this is where they try to claw any money back. Luckily I am one for keeping cars in good nick so nothing was picked up. He said that the first place they look is wheels, and also around the front bumper for pebble rash. He also said they also look inside for any "soiling" as this is common and costs them to have it wet valeted.

Wether you should go for lease v PCP, that's entirely your choice. From your original post it sounds as if you are conscious on cost, and you aren't bothered about options, so I think if I were in your position I would go lease as it will work out more finically viable over the term. RE the milage allowances on the lease, do some sums because it's sometimes cheaper to take a lease on a lower milage and then pay the excess pence per mile at the end. It will also depend on how long you plan to keep the car, a 2yr lease is all very well and good, but that time will fly by and in some cases VW won't offer good terms to extend, so if you plan to keep the car for longer then a PCP is probably best.

To give a real world scenario, my brother bought a brand new Golf GTi in March 2015, white, no options, on a 4yr PCP. He's now struggling to find anything that he would like to change into, he loves the Golf so much he's planning on getting a dirt cheap bank loan to pay the balloon in March as there's also a good chunk of equity in the car.

SOLD March 2021
2019 GTI Performance, 5DR, DSG - Isaac Blue, Leather, Pan Roof, 19" Brescias, DCC, Dynaudio, Rear Camera, Keyless, Electric Memory Driver Seat.

Offline Phuture

• Not said much yet
« Reply #44 on: 17 February 2019, 10:32 »
Thanks guys really appreciate your comments and advise!

Offline roger20

• Just got here
« Reply #45 on: 19 February 2019, 21:29 »
I ordered Jan 2nd expecting delivery 20 to 26 weeks. Built first week of February and picking up on 2nd March. Actual build was the week before MyVW tracking so looks like short lead times at the moment, despite what dealers are saying. DTD great to deal with and main dealers just couldn't or wouldn't get close.

Offline Phuture

• Not said much yet
« Reply #46 on: 20 February 2019, 09:02 »
Ordered! Pure white, dsg and 19s.
Looking at a may delivery :) can't wait, just in time for summer!

Interestingly I had a letter from Audi lease yesterday saying mot is due 18th may, 1 day after the 3 year lease is up... surely that's not up to me to do considering the lease will be done by then?
« Last Edit: 20 February 2019, 11:43 by Phuture »

Offline kmpowell

• I live here
« Reply #47 on: 20 February 2019, 11:00 »
Ordered! Pure white, day and 19s.
Looking at a may delivery :) can't wait, just in time for summer!

Interestingly I had a letter from Audi lease yesterday saying mot is due 18th may, 1 day after the 3 year lease is up... surely that's not up to me to do considering the lease will be done by then?
Congrats, did you lease or PCP?

That MOT isn't your responsibility, as the lease will have ended, so make sure the car is inspected and handed back before that date.
SOLD March 2021
2019 GTI Performance, 5DR, DSG - Isaac Blue, Leather, Pan Roof, 19" Brescias, DCC, Dynaudio, Rear Camera, Keyless, Electric Memory Driver Seat.

Offline Phuture

• Not said much yet
« Reply #48 on: 20 February 2019, 11:47 »
Yeah i thought as much... Ill make sure i arrange collection early.

Went for PCP in the end (through a local dealership and carwow), 4 years, £359 per month, £1000 deposit.

Managed to get the first 2 years servicing for free.

Cant wait, hopefully should get an order number today and can start tracking it on the app.

Only thing im worried about is the 'stealability' of the car, but cant let that stop you having a nice car aye....

Offline Talk-torque

• I live here
« Reply #49 on: 24 February 2019, 13:50 »
Went into my dealership yesterday, mainly to see where I stood, as my current 3 year PCP ends April 2nd. I know one of the sales guys quite well and he happened to be in the showroom, at a loose end. Long story short, I ended up getting a great deal on a Pure White GTI PP DSG with 19’s and tints, on another 3 year PCP, which is built, awaiting transit and assigned to the dealership. Really happy, as it’s a lovely car and gets round all the potential Brexit problems. Should pick up in 2 or 3 weeks. Not my favourite colour, but considering a gloss black roof wrap and black mirror caps.

Very few cars available anywhere for delivery before March 29th and the 10% surcharge, in the event of a no deal, seems to be an accepted fact within the trade. Presumably that reflects WTO rules?
Roger.

Pure White MY19 GTI PP 5 Door DSG with 19” Brescias.