Author Topic: Dynamic chassis control retrofit  (Read 10142 times)

Offline McBreadhead

• Not said much yet
Dynamic chassis control retrofit
« on: 11 February 2019, 21:21 »
Hi folks, new to the forum and looking to get into a used GTI 7.5 but really want DCC.
Don’t seem to be many about with DCC so wondered whether it can be retroed?
Thanks in advance,
McB

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
Re: Dynamic chassis control retrofit
« Reply #1 on: 11 February 2019, 22:45 »
Anything can be retro fitted if you have deep enough pockets but I would have thought it way too expensive to do dcc. Plenty other systems to fit instead of DCC, Ohlins for example.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline kmpowell

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 12 February 2019, 18:35 »
In theory, yes it could be retrofitted, but it would require 4x new dampers, new suspension setup all round, electrical coding, software updating etc etc

It would be a VERY costly job.
SOLD March 2021
2019 GTI Performance, 5DR, DSG - Isaac Blue, Leather, Pan Roof, 19" Brescias, DCC, Dynaudio, Rear Camera, Keyless, Electric Memory Driver Seat.

Offline McBreadhead

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 12 February 2019, 18:57 »
Thanks guys it is indeed looking that way.
I’m having to consider the R as well as GTIs because there is such little choice.  :wink:

Offline kmpowell

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 12 February 2019, 19:01 »
Thanks guys it is indeed looking that way.
I’m having to consider the R as well as GTIs because there is such little choice.  :wink:
I was in the same position, I had to have DCC, no compromise, but there was very little used, so I ended up ordering new to get exactly what I wanted.

My recent thoughts on DCC can be found here: http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=284721.0

:smiley:
SOLD March 2021
2019 GTI Performance, 5DR, DSG - Isaac Blue, Leather, Pan Roof, 19" Brescias, DCC, Dynaudio, Rear Camera, Keyless, Electric Memory Driver Seat.

Offline mike roberts

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #5 on: 12 February 2019, 20:52 »
The ride a million times better once you've got some unsprung weight out of them. Shave a few kilos out of the pig-iron VW wheels, maybe some CSS discs, 18s rather than 19s...

Maybe a better suspension solution?

https://mss.company
'18 245PP DSG

Offline Ryan90GTI

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 13 February 2019, 23:44 »
The bloke above talks sense. CSS discs a definite future mod.

Back on subject Bilstein and KW do their own version of DCC. It's roughly £2k though.

Offline mkviken

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 14 February 2019, 00:20 »
I was surprised how light the brescias are to be honest. Compared to the monza shadows on the mk6 I had anyway! And my Winter wheels (Audi TT) are bloody ridiculous

I wish our 7.5 had DCC it’s bloody brill ain’t on the CSS - the ride is noticeable better than normal GTI on 19s

Retrofitting it looks a complete pain in the arse I wouldn’t attempt it
Golf GTI Clubsport S #237 Tornado red
Golf GTI 7.5 230 white silver

Offline trueblue_ips

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #8 on: 16 February 2019, 18:14 »
Hi folks, new to the forum and looking to get into a used GTI 7.5 but really want DCC.
Thanks in advance,
McB

I'm in the same boat. Lots of reviews for the GTI and R, including Carwow, state DCC is a must have option and the first one you should tick, yet finding a used one with this option is almost impossible.
It's the same with the S3. The ride on that is incredibly hard but finding a hatchback with Audi magnetic ride is as difficult.

I can only think a lot of used cars are ex-leases with minimum spec.

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 16 February 2019, 18:31 »
Thanks in advance,
McB

I'm in the same boat. Lots of reviews for the GTI and R, including Carwow, state DCC is a must have option and the first one you should tick, yet finding a used one with this option is almost impossible.
It's the same with the S3. The ride on that is incredibly hard but finding a hatchback with Audi magnetic ride is as difficult.

I can only think a lot of used cars are ex-leases with minimum spec.

To be fair, it isn't really a 'must have option', this is why the majority of used examples don't have it fitted. But I can understand why it would be nice to have, especially if driving frequently on rutted roads, or if you just cannot forgo the 19 inch wheel options. 

Have you tried a car with the standard dampers? The ride quality really isn't that bad for a car that is supposed to have a sporty character.
7.5 GTD