Author Topic: Mk 8 Golf  (Read 169230 times)

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
Re: Mk 8 Golf
« Reply #40 on: 21 January 2019, 09:59 »
I'd say all of the mechanical switches are definitely history - just looking at the latest Audis.

Would be nice though if RHD models had the MIB buttons moved over - the current buttonless navpro I have has all of the buttons on the left hand side of the unit - positioned for LHD!

Some of the Audis also have a touch screen panel lower down too to replace the manual switch panel.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #41 on: 21 January 2019, 11:09 »
Would be nice though if RHD models had the MIB buttons moved over - the current buttonless navpro I have has all of the buttons on the left hand side of the unit - positioned for LHD!

No, that's so Jeeves has something to do whilst you are driving...

2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Mutley75

• Here all the time
« Reply #42 on: 21 January 2019, 11:33 »
That looks like the Audi Q3/A1 and I suspect upcoming A3
Golf GTi Performance Edition (2019), 5dr, DSG in Isaac Blue, Dynaudio & Brescia alloys.

Offline kmpowell

• I live here
« Reply #43 on: 21 January 2019, 12:19 »
https://www.caradvice.com.au/718270/2020-volkswagen-golf-mk8-snapped/?source=trending&slot=0

Little change from the mk7.5, which is no bad thing IMO.  But the Polo wants it's nose back.

Edit: Recommend you avoid the comments.  Bunch of VW haters on that site.
It's interesting how manufacturers adopt certain shapes to confirm with new legislation. Look at the shape of the new Focus's bonnet, then look at the shape of that, it's pretty much identical, that can't be a co-incidence?!?

I'm sure it will grow on me, but on first glance I am now 100% glad I went for a 7.5 rather than waited for the 8. Oh and perhaps I'm an old fuddy-duddy at 42yo, but buttonless switches drive me mad, especially when I'm on the move. When you're driving along and don't want to take your eyes off the road, the 'click' is all you need, so unless there's haptic feedback then it's a no from me.
SOLD March 2021
2019 GTI Performance, 5DR, DSG - Isaac Blue, Leather, Pan Roof, 19" Brescias, DCC, Dynaudio, Rear Camera, Keyless, Electric Memory Driver Seat.

Offline HA54SYM`

• I live here
« Reply #44 on: 21 January 2019, 13:08 »

Based on that new spotted link at MacD's then this could be the GTi spotted before as they are the same.
94 - Roversport Tomcat Racecar

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #45 on: 21 January 2019, 13:41 »
Does rather look like it...

Its all gotta be quite close to finalised now, with the reveal scheduled for March.

They definitely will have complete ones being tested somewhere...

Still not sure if I like the slitty eyes and fat bum though.... but then again, I did get used to the wife under similar circumstances  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Offline Mutley75

• Here all the time
« Reply #46 on: 21 January 2019, 13:47 »
You’re a brave man. I can only assume she doesn’t read this forum!?

As for buttonless controls - the biggest problem I find is that it’s hard to press the ‘button’ you intended to as the slightest bump in the road moves your finger a couple of inches. Possibly a bit easier for right handed people in left hand drive cars though.
Golf GTi Performance Edition (2019), 5dr, DSG in Isaac Blue, Dynaudio & Brescia alloys.

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #47 on: 21 January 2019, 21:51 »

Based on that new spotted link at MacD's then this could be the GTi spotted before as they are the same.

Those GTI pics are clearly fake.
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline Mutley75

• Here all the time
« Reply #48 on: 21 January 2019, 21:54 »

Those GTI pics are clearly fake.

Ha ha yes ... unless the Austin wheels are making a comeback lol

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #49 on: 21 January 2019, 22:56 »
Unless that's all part of Vw cammo.  Not hard to stick some old wheel designs on...