Author Topic: Question  (Read 3023 times)

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
Re: Question
« Reply #10 on: 31 October 2018, 22:50 »
They should have provided your order number not long after you ordered.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline neepy7.5

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #11 on: 01 November 2018, 09:00 »
Rang Dealer today, said my Car was on the ship, on its way to the Port of Tyne. How long usually before it gets there. I have no order number at present.  Cheers

Have you ordered a GTI PP? Ordered mine in July and got built 3 weeks ago but was told by my dealer its being banked in Germany till it's WLTP approved, which could be Nov/Dec. Good news if they've started shipping
'68 7.5 Golf GTI Performance 3dr DSG, Isaac Blue

Offline Deano07

• Not said much yet
« Reply #12 on: 01 November 2018, 10:06 »
Yes m8.It is a PP with Art Velours and Brescias. It was already built and on the docks when l went into the dealers to look at a used Gti, which had been sold. By chance it was exactly what l wanted. Told me Friday it was on board and on its way l presume to Port of Tyne ???
Audi 2017 S4 Saloon. VW 2018 T Roc  soon to go

Offline ne0star

• Not said much yet
« Reply #13 on: 01 November 2018, 12:30 »
l know,thats what l thought. The dealer is Lookers Silverlink. Anybody had dealings with them?

I got my 18 plate GTI from them back in Feb.  To be honest pre-sales they were excellent, very informative and got me a great deal on the GTI, and top dollar for my part ex.   My wife also bought a brand new polo.

However collecting the new cars was a stressful horrible experience.  We we’re herded in like cattle, plonked down in front of a load of paper work (no offer of tea or coffee), then shipped out to our cars and handed the keys, bye bye.  The cars were very poorly detailed and valleted with loads of finger prints in the interior, water marked to hell.  You could see where the shipping stickers had been on the windscreen.  My wife’s car had the wrong mats fitted so they didn’t fit properly (pure laziness on dealers behalf).  Both cars were supposed to have full tanks of fuel, but didn’t.

I know it was new plate month and they were busy, but they gave us an allocated time slot to show up.  The annoying thing was we were given a raw deal because the next customer showed up 3 hours early!

Anyway rant over, hope your collection experience is better than mine, and I do love my car.  Also it only took 2 weeks from my car being on a boat to collection and that’s with my car being delivered to a port further down south.

2018 Golf GTI DSG in Deep Pearl Black

Offline Deano07

• Not said much yet
« Reply #14 on: 01 November 2018, 14:34 »
 I bought a T Roc 3 months ago. Ist of the month was a Sat, so l said l.ll be there Sat morning. Was told they don.t do handovers on a weekend. After laughing my head off, said its Sat or nowt. Picked it up Sat. Was.nt a good experience. I.m only getting £20 of fuel. Was told thats all they can do on their card? I.m finding it hard to get an order number from them!!!!!

Offline ne0star

• Not said much yet
« Reply #15 on: 01 November 2018, 18:37 »
The fuel thing is a load of rubbish.  When we were negotiating for the cars, they chucked in a full tank of fuel in each to sweeten the deal.

When we turned up and both only had a quarter of a tank each I kicked up a fuss and the sales guy actually drove us to the nearest garage and brimmed both tanks and his card.

We never got any follow up calls to ask if we were happy with the cars.
2018 Golf GTI DSG in Deep Pearl Black

Offline Deano07

• Not said much yet
« Reply #16 on: 01 November 2018, 18:50 »
According to VW UK, my car is still being built and won.t leave the docks until end of Nov, for me to get end of Dec? Dealer says it's built and on the ship. VW UK told me the dealer has more up to date info than them. Thought it would be the other way round?

Offline Deano07

• Not said much yet
« Reply #17 on: 03 November 2018, 14:52 »
Dealer rang today. Told me car is on the dock. Waiting to go on ship, but can,t do this until it is issued a number from Gov/dvla? Been passed for WTLP. Anybody else been told this.?

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #18 on: 03 November 2018, 15:46 »
Don't think anything has been passed or you would have seen it plastered all over auto express, Autocar websites etc.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Deano07

• Not said much yet
« Reply #19 on: 03 November 2018, 16:04 »
Bought cars from most makers over the years but V W customers services are dross. Robots on the end of a phone. I know l would.nt be taking a car in January, like VW told me l could be getting it. I.d be telling them l.ll have it in March. Bit off putting if l.m honest