Author Topic: 2018 Golf TCR and dealer information ?  (Read 245501 times)

Offline Wish

• Not said much yet
Re: 2018 Golf TCR and dealer information ?
« Reply #250 on: 21 February 2019, 18:26 »
😂😂😂

He’s getting back to me tomorrow but is currently saying that the tcr is open to all the discounts that a pp gti is.

His is correct.

Offline Cardy

• Not said much yet
« Reply #251 on: 21 February 2019, 19:13 »
Gutted there’s no bucket seat or exhaust option
« Last Edit: 21 February 2019, 19:22 by Cardy »

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #252 on: 21 February 2019, 19:26 »
Would like to point out that the 18" Belvedere wheels that originally came as standard on the Clubsport are definitely are not diamond cut.

You sound confused yourself there.

The Belvedere alloys are (were) unquestionably diamond cut.
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline douglaslad

• Not said much yet
« Reply #253 on: 21 February 2019, 19:55 »
Perhaps I am and must admit that I am no expert on the differences (if any) between diamond cut and polished. I am only going by what it mentions on the manufacturers website and thought the best way to describe the Belvedere wheels would be forged alloy rather than diamond cut but as I said previously I am no expert. 

https://www.fuchsfelge.com/en/wheel-program/detail/vw-golf-leichtbau-schmiederad-409.html
Pure White Manual 3dr Clubsport.
Dynamic Chassis Control, Panoramic Sunroof, Dynaudio, Sat Nav Pro, Rear view Camera, Car Net, Standard Sport Seats, 18" Belvederes.

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #254 on: 21 February 2019, 20:02 »
Perhaps I am and must admit that I am no expert on the differences (if any) between diamond cut and polished. I am only going by what it mentions on the manufacturers website and thought the best way to describe the Belvedere wheels would be forged alloy rather than diamond cut but as I said previously I am no expert. 

https://www.fuchsfelge.com/en/wheel-program/detail/vw-golf-leichtbau-schmiederad-409.html

Diamond cut refers to the finish applied to the wheel, nothing to do with it being forged or not. The wheel is painted black (hence the black inserts) and then lathed back on the face, then lacquered. That gives the effect of the very shiny spokes. Problem is they’re very prone to ugly corrosion if/when that lacquer is damaged.
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #255 on: 21 February 2019, 20:13 »

Diamond cut refers to the finish applied to the wheel, nothing to do with it being forged or not. The wheel is painted black (hence the black inserts) and then lathed back on the face, then lacquered. That gives the effect of the very shiny spokes. Problem is they’re very prone to ugly corrosion if/when that lacquer is damaged.

And ‘polished’ or ‘machined finish’ are alternative names for a diamond cut finish, so wheels described as polished, machined or diamond cut will have these shiny metal, lathe cut sections (usually the spokes and / or wheel rim) on the face of the wheel.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline AGB

• I live here
« Reply #256 on: 21 February 2019, 20:27 »
Its been removed from Drive The Deal.

I spoke to them this afternoon and they said they were taking it down and reloading it with the configuration options. I had to give them my spec manually as they only had the base car in with no options. Expect it'll be back tomorrow, they're more sales focused than Volkswagen.  :grin:
MK7 Clubsport S, 981 Cayman GT4, MK7.5 GTI TCR

Offline AGB

• I live here
« Reply #257 on: 21 February 2019, 20:39 »
That’s the thing, it’s not exclusive. It’s a colour from the Vw transporter I believe.

It is a colour from the Transporter, you're right. Initially, I thought it might have been Grey Black which is a Porsche colour, looks similar and is a lovely creamy flat colour. It does look good.

This video gives you a better sense of the colour under typical UK light: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFf9rwlOe_o although you might want to mute it and be prepared for what appears to be a vehicle tour achieved by strapping a GoPro onto an enthusiastic dog with an attention deficit.  :laugh:
MK7 Clubsport S, 981 Cayman GT4, MK7.5 GTI TCR

Offline Hertsman

• I live here
« Reply #258 on: 22 February 2019, 09:15 »

Previously ran a GTD for 3 years, decided to then jump over the GTI to my present R and its an amazing car, DSG, AWD and 300 BHP is a stunning combination and when add in the DCC and auto hold its a car where you have no compromise, you get the comfortable painless commuter and the ability at the press of a button to some genuine performance over and above what will ever need or can use on a UK road.

Have to select my changeover in April and choice was going to be easy, a continuation of this love affair with a 7.5 R

Had also looked at the new baby AMG A35 as was worried the WLTP issues may extend into April and the R might not be available and from having a good look at the new A series AMG Line its a far improved car over the outgoing version, however to have the car you really want would creep it over £40,000 and ordering the R is likely now not an issue and so the R is still the main choice.

However! the TCR? Had an exchange of posts on here with Exonian a while back discussing the TCR and how much liked it but I thought it would be a limited run and basically not an option, but have I think found that it will be available to order till the end of the MK7 run later this and very likely there to order in April

Its turned my head, its style now vs the R AWD and traction which I love so much and made me jump over the GTI originally

But here I am starting to convince myself I can live with the occasional tramping for the this really nice fisnish the the MK7 performance range.

Never as a youngster wanted an R, the cars that always wanted was an Audi Quattro (which have done twice) and a Golf GTI and the nostalgia is setting in, and seriously thinking to fulfilling that youthful wish and completing the set by driving the GTD, R and finally the GTI

Not many concerns really, think have good understanding to the compromise on traction, and am used to it, as occasionally drive my wife A1 Black Edition 185 BHP which will spin its wheels from time to time.

The R is so planted, so secure as push it, that maybe it will be nice to return to the lighter feel of the GTI when pushing the curves.

Ride should be fine as would option the DCC with those lovely alloys but the 5 cm further lowering does concern a little as I do not want to return to compromised rides - No real mention in any reviews seen so far and something to keep monitoring as road tests increase

Like the increased aggressive styling of the TCR, which is still VW subtle, but definitely noticeable, and really really like all the red accents, and thats inside and out, thinks its perfectly done and as where the cabin experience in the R is quite refined but bland the GTI TCR adds some definite lustre with the red trimmings.

The new grey is nice or the classic white are the options as both work really well with the accents.

So I have a dilemma, the increased style of the TCR in combination with its great performance but sometimes compromised traction, vs the full capability of the R in any conditions - BHP is not even a thought as both are quick enough for me to get around as I like to.

Any other R owners looking at the TCR?

Present - BMW 128Ti Alpine White, 18" Performance Tyres, Sun Protection Glass, Parking Assist, Heated Steering, Boston Trim, Split Folding Rear Seats, Electric Lumbar Support
- 2nd car: 2019 Golf R DSG Pure White 19" Black Pretoria, Privacy Glass, Rear View Camera, Dynaudio, Keyless
- 2019 Pure Grey GTI TCR 5 Door DSG Reifinitz Wheel DCC Climate Screen 90% Tint
- 2016 Lapiz Blue Golf R 5 Door DSG Pretoria DCC
- 2013 Pure White GTD 5 Door DSG DCC

Offline kmpowell

• I live here
« Reply #259 on: 22 February 2019, 09:22 »
All the final options and prices have been added to the VW configurator overnight. This one caught my eye.

Honeycomb side decals 'TCR' - £550

£550!!!!!  :laugh: :grin:
SOLD March 2021
2019 GTI Performance, 5DR, DSG - Isaac Blue, Leather, Pan Roof, 19" Brescias, DCC, Dynaudio, Rear Camera, Keyless, Electric Memory Driver Seat.