Author Topic: Golf GTD 7 overheating  (Read 8292 times)

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
Re: Golf GTD 7 overheating
« Reply #10 on: 17 May 2018, 08:32 »
A transient fault should still be looked into, especially one with potentially huge consequences such as an overheating engine. How many times does it have to happen before they fix it, when they have proof (through the codes) that it happened?

If the car is approaching end of warranty, i'd be adamant about getting a fix, before it happens again...out of warranty
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline silver38

• Not said much yet
« Reply #11 on: 17 May 2018, 14:27 »
MKVII GTD Manual - Pure White, 5Door, Adaptive chassis control, Advance telephone connection, Climate comfort windscreen, Discover Nav pro, High beam assist, Keyless entry, Sport and Sound pack, Park assist system with steering assist, Rear view camera, Rear side airbags with rear seatbelt warning, Winter pack, 5 Year Warranty

Offline Badluck

• Not said much yet
« Reply #12 on: 01 November 2018, 10:49 »
Sorry for taking so long to update on the issue i had a few months ago.
I booked into a main dealer I’ve used for servicing before in Camberley and they took a look at my car without a charge. The dealer who wanted to charge to check my car over have franchises in and around the Birmingham area and as a result I’ve not used them for any work since.

Back to the problem, Martins Camberley were superb. They ran some pressure tests, checked for error codes etc but couldn’t reproduce the issue or identify what might have caused it. I did extend my warranty for peace of mind and have had no issues since (apart from the auto-hold not deactivating while attempting to move away in traffic earlier this week). Car has now hit 72k. Thanks to everyone for their help.
« Last Edit: 01 November 2018, 12:09 by Badluck »

Offline monsta

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 01 November 2018, 11:36 »
Sounds like Thermostat housing fault which a few of us have suffered on the Mk7.  Unless the car actually overheated?  When my thermostat housing fault occurred the temp gauge went sky high and the car was in limp mode but it wasn't over heating as when I connected an OBD Eleven device to the car it showed normal coolant temperatures.