Author Topic: Dealer fix for Soundaktor vibration/rattle?  (Read 13735 times)

Offline Mag_Pie

• GTI forum regular
Re: Dealer fix for Soundaktor vibration/rattle?
« Reply #30 on: 18 May 2018, 12:35 »
I think I may have started suffering from this problem, I can hear what sounds like a moped in the distance sometimes when driving.  To me though it sounds like it's coming from the A pillar direction on the drivers side, at first I thought it might be some form of lose trim flapping in the wind but then this came to mind.  My Wife commented about what that noise was which is saying something as she would never normally notice.

What do you think, is this possibly the cause?  I was thinking of buying some anti rattle felt tape or sound insulation tape but that seems a bit too thick to try for the fix.

Offline BlinGTIes

• Not said much yet
« Reply #31 on: 18 May 2018, 19:41 »
I think I may have started suffering from this problem, I can hear what sounds like a moped in the distance sometimes when driving.  To me though it sounds like it's coming from the A pillar direction on the drivers side, at first I thought it might be some form of lose trim flapping in the wind but then this came to mind.  My Wife commented about what that noise was which is saying something as she would never normally notice.

What do you think, is this possibly the cause?  I was thinking of buying some anti rattle felt tape or sound insulation tape but that seems a bit too thick to try for the fix.

It could be. Mine only happens in sport mode so one test is to try changing the mode between sport and normal to see if it makes a difference. Mine sounds like it’s coming from the glove box!

Offline Mag_Pie

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #32 on: 20 May 2018, 12:39 »
I tried going to individual and set engine noise to eco and I could still hear it but I wondered if when you change these settings it takes effect immediately as I then flicked back to normal and didn't notice it.

Offline jaceyboy

• I live here
« Reply #33 on: 20 May 2018, 16:31 »
Does putting the setting in ECO only change the engine sound or does it change the power of the car?

MK7 GTi

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #34 on: 20 May 2018, 17:10 »
None of the settings change the power it's just how is delivered that changes.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline DaveScoot

• Just got here
« Reply #35 on: 29 September 2018, 21:08 »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTwuxu3KYHQ

Skip to 2:50

Looks lie the new Polo has the same rattle. What a complete joke. 4+ years of this on the Golf and they can't even sort it on a new car that had the entire dash designed etc.

Offline Juicetin

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #36 on: 02 October 2018, 09:24 »
Two years after having wrapped the soundactuator in foam and anti-rattle felt, which provided a fix, the rattle is now back ! Not only in Race but also Normal mode. The only way I can stop it is using Eco interior sound setting. I'm going to have to get inside the engine bay again at the weekend.