Author Topic: exhaust notes  (Read 24006 times)

Offline Garynovis

• Just got here
Re: exhaust notes
« Reply #20 on: 03 May 2018, 15:44 »
you would think, for the price of adding a sheet of metal to mimic the shape of the old box, the manufacturer of the delete pipes would put one on and advertise the fact there was no impact to performance (even though, as you say, on the road the difference wouldn't even be noticeable)

Offline hog_hedge

• I live here
« Reply #21 on: 10 June 2018, 22:52 »
I know this thread is a little old but I see Motech are doing a Remus rear box delete for £375 ( or £395 ? ) fitted. Anyone tried one for a little extra noise ?

I don’t suppose you looked into this and how it sounds? Seems quite cost effective to me.

Offline jaceyboy

• I live here
« Reply #22 on: 11 June 2018, 10:33 »
Ive done the resonator delete and get no drone whatsoever :laugh:

MK7 GTi

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #23 on: 11 June 2018, 11:14 »
Ive done the resonator delete and get no drone whatsoever :laugh:

How does it sound, made a noticeable difference?
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline hog_hedge

• I live here
« Reply #24 on: 11 June 2018, 18:27 »
I know this thread is a little old but I see Motech are doing a Remus rear box delete for £375 ( or £395 ? ) fitted. Anyone tried one for a little extra noise ?

I don’t suppose you looked into this and how it sounds? Seems quite cost effective to me.

There are some short clips on Motech's YouTube and instagram accounts but they may be too short to draw conclusion

I did speak to Tom ( TGE from the Motech TGE special ) when I saw him last month and he said it's fine. His only regret is the air filter which he said is too noisy and makes him look like a teenager but the rear box it's self is good.

Motech has say the exhaust is louder without drone and this alone will bring the dsg farts back. Whether that's true I don't know.

Thanks for your reply. I’ve watched all the videos extensively and decided not to go for the back box delete. I think it will be too loud for me in person and I might now consider just a resonator delete.

Offline andy28

• Here all the time
« Reply #25 on: 17 June 2018, 13:45 »
I had the Remus back box delete done yesterday and first impressions are really positive. I think it looks great, I love the sound on cold start and under normal driving conditions it's just a bit louder which is what I was looking for. I crept out of my street last night and the neighbours weren't running out of their houses.

I then went for a drive round the block and shoved the DSG into sport for a motorway sliproad - then it was really loud on upshift, a huge DSG fart which is what you see on YouTube. It was comedy loud to be honest but I don't have DSG in sport very often.

I will report back after a week of commuting (a combination of motorway and country roads) so some bits with DSG in normal and some bits in manual with the paddles.

GTI Clubsport Edition 40
#301 and then #190

Offline Blanche9806

• Just got here
« Reply #26 on: 17 June 2018, 20:03 »
Looks really smart that does, nice and subtle. Will be interesting to see what it’s like commuting with, I’m very undecided on the back box delete or the resonater delete. I previously had a res delete on my mk7 fiesta ST, but that did tend to drone. Quite annoying when you want a nice & peaceful drive to work on a Sunday morning! Just want something to make the DSG farts more prounounced without the ASBO tagged on

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #27 on: 17 June 2018, 21:53 »
I had the Remus back box delete done yesterday and first impressions are really positive. I think it looks great, I love the sound on cold start and under normal driving conditions it's just a bit louder which is what I was looking for. I crept out of my street last night and the neighbours weren't running out of their houses.

I then went for a drive round the block and shoved the DSG into sport for a motorway sliproad - then it was really loud on upshift, a huge DSG fart which is what you see on YouTube. It was comedy loud to be honest but I don't have DSG in sport very often.

I will report back after a week of commuting (a combination of motorway and country roads) so some bits with DSG in normal and some bits in manual with the paddles.

Congrats on the CS Andy  :cool:
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #28 on: 17 June 2018, 21:57 »

Congrats on the CS Andy  :cool: How you finding it? Not loud enough obviously but that is now solved !
NOW - 330e M Sport

Offline andy28

• Here all the time
« Reply #29 on: 17 June 2018, 22:06 »

Congrats on the CS Andy  :cool: How you finding it? Not loud enough obviously but that is now solved !

Cheers Jim, loving it so far! Congrats on the upgrade too! I was constantly looking at Clubsport parts and then getting annoyed when they wouldn't fit our facelifts - not sure what I'm going to do with my evenings now  :whistle:. I do miss the tech a little bit though and I don't have sweeping indicators anymore.

To be honest, I had ordered the Remus for my 7.5 and delayed the install when I decided to go for the Clubsport. Thankfully it is adjustable so it fits all of the mk7/7.5s and when I decided the Clubsport still needed a bit of help I booked it in. The real test will be this week but I've kept my Clubsport back box if it needs to go back on.
GTI Clubsport Edition 40
#301 and then #190