Author Topic: exhaust notes  (Read 23863 times)

Offline chippst

• Just got here
Re: exhaust notes
« Reply #10 on: 11 March 2018, 16:43 »
went into vw parts department
and they advised there is kit which they offer
its made by oettinger quad exhaust system
just need to buy rear diffuser total bill would be 1200 notes fitted
so currently thinking of this option

option number 2 is upgrade mine to 7.5 with performance pack
as that sounds very sweet

Offline Little Lofty

• Not said much yet
« Reply #11 on: 11 March 2018, 17:07 »
I made the mistake of driving a RS3 yesterday, I've never been that impressed with the sound of my Clubsport, and it sounds even more feeble now. So new car, or new exhaust, hmmm decisions decisions.
Alfa Four Cheese

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 11 March 2018, 17:55 »
I made the mistake of driving a RS3 yesterday, I've never been that impressed with the sound of my Clubsport, and it sounds even more feeble now. So new car, or new exhaust, hmmm decisions decisions.

RS3 + Sports Exhaust option =  :cool:
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline Little Lofty

• Not said much yet
« Reply #13 on: 11 March 2018, 18:10 »

Yip it had a sports exhaust, it sounded pretty damn good.
Alfa Four Cheese

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 11 March 2018, 18:53 »

I've driven 2 of the pre facelift RS3's, one had sports exhaust and there other didn't. Normal car sounds great, especially in Dynamic. Sport exhaust just sounds amazing! Depends if you like that sort of thing though! Serious crackles on the overrun and down shifts.  :cool:
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline monsta

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 12 March 2018, 17:39 »

I've driven 2 of the pre facelift RS3's, one had sports exhaust and there other didn't. Normal car sounds great, especially in Dynamic. Sport exhaust just sounds amazing! Depends if you like that sort of thing though! Serious crackles on the overrun and down shifts.  :cool:

You can an APR crackle tune with Stage 2 - I think this was inspired by the Audi software that does it.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=APR+crackle

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 03 May 2018, 09:00 »
I know this thread is a little old but I see Motech are doing a Remus rear box delete for £375 ( or £395 ? ) fitted. Anyone tried one for a little extra noise ?

Sounds good value for money...  :smiley:
NOW - 330e M Sport

Offline Splashalot

• Here all the time
« Reply #17 on: 03 May 2018, 12:43 »
went into vw parts department
and they advised there is kit which they offer
its made by oettinger quad exhaust system
just need to buy rear diffuser total bill would be 1200 notes fitted
so currently thinking of this option

option number 2 is upgrade mine to 7.5 with performance pack
as that sounds very sweet

I was at my dealer showroom when they started up a GTI 7.5 with the Oettinger exhaust.   Sounded brilliant and unlike any GTI I've heard before. 
1972 Turquoise Superbug S; 1978 Miami Blue Golf GLS; 2007 Mk5 Tornado Red Golf GTI; 2017 Golf 7.5 Trendline Tungsten Silver 1.4ltr 110TSi with DAP; 2018 Tornado Red GTI with DAP.  All MT.  Current: 2021 Mini Cooper SE, British racing green.

Offline Garynovis

• Just got here
« Reply #18 on: 03 May 2018, 14:25 »
Just idle musing, wondering if anyone would know...

It probably doesn't make any difference on the golf but I remember seeing on (I believe some sporty BMW) that the shape of the back box was modelled to improve the airflow under the car

By taking the backbox off, and just having these pipes, surely the resulting "hole" will disrupt the airflow under the car?

I know this thread is a little old but I see Motech are doing a Remus rear box delete for £375 ( or £395 ? ) fitted. Anyone tried one for a little extra noise ?

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #19 on: 03 May 2018, 15:22 »
Yes Gary, anything you change like that will effect the aero - which is optimised for reducing drag (ie improving fuel economy - aka "CO2 emmissions")

A void will create a problem like this - but you don't care really. It won't effect real life performance - you might care if you are racing, but on the road, nothing different.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC