Author Topic: 2013 Mk7 Gti problem......  (Read 3201 times)

Offline Cfsmale

• Just got here
2013 Mk7 Gti problem......
« on: 24 February 2018, 17:49 »
Hi guys! New to the forum! Iv been a happy, trouble free golf gti dsg owner for 2 years now....until today. Epc light came on, car went into limp mode and temp Guage started to creep up ( never overheated, but would have if i hadnt parked up)

Had a quick check and found code P00B7 stored..... the symptoms to me sound like impellor on waterpump being faulty as temp guage is going up and down quite irraticly like coolant isnt circulating properly.....leave car off for 5 mins and temp gauage says 90....start engine and within a few seconds shoots up

Has anyone had a similar experience? Iv heard thermostats and waterpumps have been known to go wrong with some mk7s

Also is the waterpump belt driven? If so, which belt as i thought these were timing chain engines....sorry for all the questions. Any help appreciated

Craig

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
Re: 2013 Mk7 Gti problem......
« Reply #1 on: 26 February 2018, 09:36 »
Either the impeller or a temperature sensor.

I've heard of both going, but its impossible to say from the diagnostics... both will give you a temperature warning log message.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Carbon VW

• Here all the time
« Reply #2 on: 26 February 2018, 16:51 »
Could be thermostat housing. Mine was cracked and replaced at a cost of over €600. Mine is a 2013 plate also
Mk7 CSG GTi 6MF Stage 1, CSS backbox

Offline JohnH

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 26 February 2018, 19:46 »
I had this on a 63 plate. Was temp control module. About £500
They found a fuel pump issue at the same time.... Another few hundred

Offline UNKN0WN

• Just got here
« Reply #4 on: 03 November 2018, 14:21 »
I also have a MK7 GTI PP 2013 and have the exact same issue. I was hoping it was a simple fix with the temperature sensor like some have suggested on here and other forums, so I spent £70 to replace the coolant sensor. However, it didn’t fix the issue unfortunately.

Is this necessarily a thermostat issue? I mean, I have no coolant leak, its topped up and there’s no issue with that. It’s just the temperature gauge going up and down. Usually it reaches upto 120 when the start-stop is on and when it is off it goes down all the way to 0 sometimes.