Author Topic: Lease return question  (Read 3201 times)

Offline Darlo

• GTI forum regular
Re: Lease return question
« Reply #10 on: 17 February 2018, 15:01 »
Thanks again for the posts.

I assumed that they checked the car over then take it away there and then.

Given that I will definatly follow the advice of video/photo the car prior to collection just to make sure.

It has a very small scuff on the bumper which I am happy falls in to the reasonable wear and tear policy (according to booklet anyway). It also has a mark on the plastic behind the internal door handle which was caused when I threw some stuff in on a tip run.

I’m hoping it’s just the alloy they pick up on.

I shall get the Mrs to get tea/coffee, biscuits..... and wear a low cut top  :grin:

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #11 on: 17 February 2018, 15:21 »
Wouldn't it be great if the dealers were this particular when they sell you a car!
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 17 February 2018, 19:53 »
Wouldn't it be great if the dealers were this particular when they sell you a car!

You're smoking that funny stuff again aren't you Watts :whistle:
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline Darlo

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #13 on: 05 March 2018, 13:20 »
Just an update for anyone who was interested/searches for the same thing.

Car has been assessed today. He has noted no damage, accepted the wheel was wear and tear. I polished it all up and it was gleaming when he arrived. Really nice bloke to be fair, was trying to find out where it is going to auction. Got a lad at work who wants it. VW finance said £15300 for us to buy it which is basically forecourt price. Assessor said market is flooded and its likely to go cheap!

Its all tucked up in the garage now awaiting collection on Wednesday. She bloody filled the tank, ive done my best to empty it but still a third left  :embarrassed:

Excited for R estate arriving on Thursday.... changed insurance over today. £0.89 increase in premium.... £19.50 admin charge  :sick:

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 05 March 2018, 13:37 »
What age and mileage Darlo? Any expensive options?
7.5 GTD

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #15 on: 05 March 2018, 13:52 »
Lease companies wanted retail prices for your to purchase your ex lease vehicle is something that really grinds my gears. They have a captive market and its going to cost them more for BCA to sell it at auction and they won't get anything like retail at auction (not just because its a GTD either). They could offer you a sensible price and be quids in still.

I don't understand it...
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Darlo

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #16 on: 05 March 2018, 14:22 »
What age and mileage Darlo? Any expensive options?

Its 2015 GTD 5dr in red (3 years old in May), 21700 miles. No options

Lease companies wanted retail prices for your to purchase your ex lease vehicle is something that really grinds my gears. They have a captive market and its going to cost them more for BCA to sell it at auction and they won't get anything like retail at auction (not just because its a GTD either). They could offer you a sensible price and be quids in still.

I don't understand it...

Absolutely correct, i could have sold the car 2 or 3 times over to friends/family if is was a bit cheaper. You can even haggle with them. Its not VW that give a prices, they transfer you to another company.

Its madness, they must have an idea what they will get on average at an auction. Add a few quid on a give us the option to buy it cheaper. The way they do it makes no sense!

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #17 on: 05 March 2018, 14:39 »
Hmmm, that is a wee bit steep at that age. Would have been a decent buy at 2 years old, but not nearly 3.
7.5 GTD