Author Topic: Limestone Grey - thoughts pls?  (Read 6391 times)

Offline Daveh129

• Just got here
Limestone Grey - thoughts pls?
« on: 06 February 2018, 11:11 »
Hi,

I am looking to purchase a Mk7 GTI. The specification I would like includes tech Pack, leather seats, 19" Santiago alloy wheels, discovery plus sat nav, Dynaudio sound system and Keyless entry.

I have located one but am wary of the colour... Limestone Grey! does anyone have any opinions on this? does it shine when cleaned or look matt? Ideally I would go and view but it’s so far away, unless anyone has one around Norfolk / Suffolk I could look at?  :smiley:

Appreciate any feedback that anyone has... thank you for your time :)

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
Re: Limestone Grey - thoughts pls?
« Reply #1 on: 06 February 2018, 11:16 »
I had a LSG GTD last time... It looks grey sometimes but most of the time it looks metallic beige.

It was the main thing I didn't like about my last GTD. Each to their own, but it nagged me for something like 35 months of ownership!

(I've got white now btw)
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 06 February 2018, 11:27 »
You've got some very specific wants which is going to make finding the right car very difficult as I'm sure you've already found. Why not breakdown your wants into must haves and would be nice to get. That way you will start to get a few to go and look at. It's easy to sit down, look at information and say I want this and that but when it comes down to it, presumably, what you really want is a MK7 GTI. The rest is just garnish.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 06 February 2018, 11:38 »
"Tech pack" will throw your search out. The tech pack was NavPro and Dynaudio. It was only available as a pack on the run out of the Mk7. If you looked for NavPro and Dynaudio rather than tech pack you might find your options open up.

At the same time as the tech pack, keyless (only on 5 door, not on 3 door!) and winter pack were added as standard.

So basically you are looking for a GTI from about March 2016 until maybe June 2017 with Dynaudio and Navpro.

I'd probably search for a 16 or 66 plate GTI with leather and 19's. See if that throws up any more...

Also, dealers are terrible at spotting the extras. Either under or over stating them. You need to carefully look for the tell tales in the photos to be sure... or get a photo of the spec sticker in the boot and decode it....
« Last Edit: 06 February 2018, 11:45 by fredgroves »
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4 on: 06 February 2018, 11:40 »
Oh and finding that lot in one car is going to be hard... very few were ever bought with all of those things. Most were quite vanilla cheap leases... and also the ones were the options were cheaper/bundled aren't 3 years old yet and most of these will be on 3 year PCP deals....

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #6 on: 06 February 2018, 11:54 »
Actually, that didn't have leather.

I think this one ticks all of the boxes and is older (cheaper):

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201712011741292?make=VOLKSWAGEN&postcode=sw71aa&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly%20New&onesearchad=New&keywords=gti%20leather%20santiago%20dynaudio&advertising-location=at_cars&radius=1500&body-type=Hatchback&model=GOLF&sort=sponsored&page=1

One thing to note about that one, you probably won't get AppConnect (to run Android Auto or Apple Car Play) as its before that came in...

Offline Daveh129

• Just got here
« Reply #7 on: 06 February 2018, 12:00 »
Thanks Fred, this one does tick the boxes.... the mileage.. there’s always a snagging point somewhere but I will certainly look at the history on it :)

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #8 on: 06 February 2018, 12:10 »
It is quite high mileage... I suspect that someone with all those toys on a car was probably a sales manager.

People who potter around at the weekends rarely add the comforts needed for long drives every day, unless they are people with money to burn. Leather, DSG, NavPro and Dynaudio are what you find a sales person with...

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #9 on: 06 February 2018, 12:12 »
Its also black (albeit the metallic DPB) and that amount of miles will have resulted in a lot of stone chips for sure.

The pearl black/white has a special lacquer coating which is quite hard to touch up... maybe that's why the car is wet in the photos...

Never look at a second hand car when its wet!