Author Topic: GTD Tornado Red  (Read 29210 times)

Offline phope

• I live here
GTD Tornado Red
« on: 29 September 2014, 22:04 »
I've finally decided to place an order for a GTD for a company car  :smiley:

I've had various GTI over the years including one of the first Edition 30, but wife and I took rather a liking to various Audi TT in recent years, including a rather tasty TTRS.

I did seriously consider the new model TT in the TDI Ultra version, which is virtually the same drivetrain as the GTD, but for the budget I set myself, I would have got a very poverty spec TT which doesn't have any where near the spec of the GTD

The company car scheme fleet managers are estimating 19 weeks at this time, which doesn't sound unusual reading the forums, so hopefully by late January/February 2015. January would suit me fine as can't drive till then anyway for medical reasons

I've restrained myself from going too spec heavy, and have asked for:

Manual, 3 door
Tornado Red (not had a red car for ages, and fancied a change)
18s
Discover Pro navigation (biggest extravagance)
Keyless entry
Winter pack
May still ask them to add the Sport & Sound pack...not sure

Will be interesting to see what the delivery timescale turns out to be...I have heard that our administrators hold back registering cars if it is just a few weeks before a plate change for residual reasons
« Last Edit: 28 April 2016, 19:52 by phope »
Golf Mk8 R order cancelled...awaiting company car instead
Tiguan 1.5 Elegance for the wife & dogs
Skoda 1.5 SEL cheap lease special

Offline andrewparker

• Here all the time
Re: GTD ordered
« Reply #1 on: 29 September 2014, 22:51 »
Congratulations, and well done with the colour choice!
Current – Mk7 Golf R, Night Blue, 5dr, Manual / Mk7.5 Golf R, Indium Grey, Estate, DSG

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 29 September 2014, 23:06 »
Sport and Sound pack is a must. The growl from it from a diesel is excellent.
I have to turn it off when leaving before 7am to get to work as it is just too noisy for that time of the morning  :grin:
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline phope

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 29 September 2014, 23:15 »
It's alright - my neighbour has a M3 so my turn to wake him up.

The TTRS on cold start up was also a bit embarrassing on very early mornings  :smiley:

Offline ffrank

• Here all the time
« Reply #4 on: 30 September 2014, 10:16 »
+1 for Sport and Sound, I use it most of the time but nice to be able to 'turn off' the exhaust when you are on the motorway.

Keyless is also great on the diesel, it just starts itself whilst you buckle up (in terms of waiting for the plug to warm up in cold weather).

Nice spec phope, "enjoy" the wait - definitely worth it! :)

Offline Jammy1

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5 on: 30 September 2014, 15:52 »
Great colour choice  :grin:

I didn't go for the sport and sound pack as I find my other car is a mite throaty ;)

http://youtu.be/_p_yUY003hQ
Golf GTD, Tornado Red, 5dr, Manual, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Keyless and Winter Pack.  Ordered 15/03/14.  Estimated BW22. Confirmed BW25.  Collected 17/07/14.

Offline phope

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 30 September 2014, 20:00 »
 :grin:

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #7 on: 02 October 2014, 23:34 »
+1 for Sport and Sound, I use it most of the time but nice to be able to 'turn off' the exhaust when you are on the motorway.

ffrank does yours drone while on the motorway? I find mine is only really noisy in 1st 2nd & 3rd. Turning mine off on the motorway doesn't really make much of a difference!
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline runningman35

• Not said much yet
« Reply #8 on: 04 October 2014, 10:26 »
Hi Phop,

Fellow Aberdeenshire bloke here and good choice of motor!

I ordered a T red 5 door GTD in May this year and still waiting with eta of around 15th October plus a week for PDI etc.

I have ordered the following extras:- basic sat nav, dynaudio, sport and sound pack, dcc, winter pack, heated w screen and advanced tel pack and had to stop myself from going too silly with options.

Can't wait to compare against my Mk5 GTI driving experiences! Really looking fwd to the S&S pack after reading other owners experiences, but will refrain from tuning based on mixed ownership experiences and comments read on the forum over last few months I think.
Current: Mk7.5 GTI PP DSG 3 Dr, DB Pearl, Brescia 19”, Dynaudio Excite, Art Velour SS, DCC

Previous: Mk7 GTD 5 dr, TR, Basic NAV, Dynaudio, ACC, Winter Pack, Sport & Sound Pack, Heated W/screen, Advanced Tel Pack

Offline phope

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 04 October 2014, 18:08 »
Yeah, it'll be a bit different to my last Golf, an Edition 30  :smiley:

Ordered confirmed this week by the fleet managers, and have added sport and sound pack on

Estimated delivery of late January 2015 - looking forward to it alreday