Author Topic: Anything else worthwhile coding with VAG.com on a MkVI?  (Read 102337 times)

Offline p3eps

• I live here
Re: Anything else worthwhile coding with VAG.com on a MkVI?
« Reply #10 on: 14 May 2010, 23:00 »
From memory its 17 - Instruments.
You can choose USA, but the car bongs every time you start it like an American car!
If you pick Rest of World, it will change all your stuff to KM - but you can choose settings in the MFD to make them back to mpg instead of litres... and turn off second speed (or something like that).
Golf R... 3 door, DSG, Leather, Reflex Silver, Black 19" Talladega Wheels, ACC, Parking Sensors, RNS510 with Dynaudio, Reverse Camera, Luxury Pack, Cruise Control & Fiscon Bluetooth.

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #11 on: 14 May 2010, 23:20 »
Sounds interesting. I'll give that a go and see what I think.
Does it alter anything else if you change it to Rest of the World?

I like the way the auto closing windows with rain sensor can now be selected via the MFD once its been coded.
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline daviescotland

• Here all the time
« Reply #12 on: 15 May 2010, 00:04 »
Sounds interesting. I'll give that a go and see what I think.
Does it alter anything else if you change it to Rest of the World?

I like the way the auto closing windows with rain sensor can now be selected via the MFD once its been coded.

I'd be looking to get my car coded for the alarm chirp & auto closing of windows/sunroof. And the perma xenons are still anoyying me a bit. Do you think the dealer would be able to sort this for me?
MK6 GTI, 3 door, candy white, 18" monza shadow, Xenons, RCD 510 w "dynaudio", sunroof, rear view camera, cruise control & free servicing.
Ordered 28/10/2009. BW07 confirmed. production complete 10/02/2010. Arrived at dealers 17/02/2010. Driving on a 10 plate 01/03/2010.

Offline VWKev

• I live here
  • Please Support Non-Human Rights
« Reply #13 on: 15 May 2010, 00:09 »
also, set the mfd to show MPH instead of KPH.

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #14 on: 15 May 2010, 00:34 »
I think you have covered the main ones,

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?4743553-VCDS-MKVI-MK6-Platform-Handy-Coding-tweaks

Cheers Snoopy.

On a similar note, since others here have VAG.COM'd, is it reasonable to have some errors?
I've got the following:

Address 19: CAN Gateway
01303 - Telephone Transceiver (R36)
            004 - No Signal/Communication - Intermittent.......Phone works fine. Could it be because I'm using the Fiscon unit?
01044 - Control Module Incorrectly Coded
            000 -  -  - Intermittent
02873 - Control Module for Back-Up Camera (J772)
            004 - No Signal/Communication   ........................Not sure about this as the camera is working?

Address 37: Navigation
01042 - Control Module; Not Coded
02873 - Control Module for Back-Up Camera (J772)
            004 - No Signal/Communication
01523 - Microphone for Telephone (R38)
            011 - Open Circuit ...........................................Is it because I activated voice control but not plugged anything in?
01305 - Databus for Infotainment
            004 - No Signal/Communication
00862 - Antenna for GPS Navigation (R50/R52)
            011 - Open Circuit - Intermittent.........................I have the RNS510 with GPS!!!

Address 56: Radio
Exact same 5 error codes as in the Navigation

Address 77: Telephone
Cannot be reached...................................................... Again, is it because its not the official VW bluetooth but the Fiscon?
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline ErikGTI

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 15 May 2010, 08:51 »
I've got a loan of a VAG.COM cable so need to return it and wondered if there was anything worthwhile I should code while I still have the lead?

What I've done so far is:
Rear view camera re-coded
Buttons on MFSW
Nav directions on MFD (awesome feature)
Audio now back on MFD
Alarm chirp when locking doors
Changed colour of RNS510
Emergency brake warning (although couldn't get it to work no matter how hard I slammed the brakes on. Maybe not a UK setting?)
Auto Closing Windows via Rain Light Sensor
Voice control (although not installed the mic yet)

I have all these things standard on my GTI....except the rainclosure......and staging.. :wink:
BTW 2 features I really like but no foreskin dealer wants to add... :sick:
I'LL BEAT YOU TO THE BBC STUDIO........

Offline Das Auto

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #16 on: 15 May 2010, 10:46 »
I've got a loan of a VAG.COM cable so need to return it and wondered if there was anything worthwhile I should code while I still have the lead?

Buttons on MFSW
Audio now back on MFD
Changed colour of RNS510
Emergency brake warning (although couldn't get it to work no matter how hard I slammed the brakes on. Maybe not a UK setting?)

God i didnt know you could do half of that stuff I need to meet up with someone with a VCDS any offers ? ? I live in  sheffield ?? obviously i would pay some $$$$

Offline flc1962

• Here all the time
« Reply #17 on: 15 May 2010, 11:43 »

Buttons on MFSW
Audio now back on MFD
Changed colour of RNS510

Interesting, can you do this for Moi, some of it any way. Would like the auto window close

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #18 on: 15 May 2010, 12:46 »
I have all these things standard on my GTI....except the rainclosure......and staging.. :wink:
BTW 2 features I really like but no foreskin dealer wants to add... :sick:

Some of those things were on my car as standard until I upgraded the head unit!!
Alarm chirp, auto closing windows with rain, emergency brake and voice control were all new however.
Surely you can't change the colour scheme of your RNS without vag.com?

Interesting, can you do this for Moi, some of it any way. Would like the auto window close

Sorry the cable is winging its way to its rightful owner. Shame as its a 2 second job once you know what you are doing.

p3asa - one thing I coded that is really useful is change your settings to Rest Of World - and then you can have a HUGE digital speedo in the MFD!

Cheers p3eps, great find. Its got rid of the pesky KMH in the dash. Just hope I don't take the car abroad now  :laugh:

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • A.K.A. Geoff.
« Reply #19 on: 15 May 2010, 13:10 »
I hope non of you get stopped by VOSA for a roadside inspection after changing it to MPH  :evil:
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.