Author Topic: Help please  (Read 2107 times)

Offline East_london_GTIMK4

• Just got here
Help please
« on: 10 July 2003, 16:32 »
what up all!
I just got a mk4 gti 1.820v(non-turbo), im new to golfs, and just looking for some tips doing it up!

Ive got the plastic lips on the bumpers (rear and back) being resrayed and stuff to colour code the car already. Im looking for rims to put on the car, now everyone is saying 18", or 19" straight on. What you guys thinking of 17" and dropping it?? Will this look lame because of the size of the arches, or has anyone done this and got some good pics.

Pls help!!!!!!

kniterider

Re:Help please
« Reply #1 on: 11 July 2003, 22:54 »
ello mate,
                 i got a 1.8 20v non turbo bowt 7 weeks ago, 3 dr black 1999, 69,000 miles, was standard when i got it, all ive done is lowered it with 40mm drop springs from europarts (?61) and banged some 17" fox evo1 wheels on , looks loads better and handles the road 100% better, ride a little hard but i can live with that, ive got a rear spoiler from europarts as well but havent got it painted yet, when i get cam sorted ill post some pics, performance wise its going really well, seems to be loosening up no end im gonna get a k+n 57i kit from c+r for ?72, and they also do exhaust for the same , and a de cat pipe, all these bits should take it from 125 bhp to about 138, then revo do a remap of the ecu to help a bit more and it should be up to about 148bhp, just under a standard 150bhp 1.8 turbo, so theres plenty to do,cash allowing, oh yeah and wife kids and mortgage!, but a swell car, just cos it aint a turbo dont mean it aint fun!, my mates just got a 2001 2ltr 115bhp gti and mine whoops his and its cheaper on insurance!, your not the only 1 out there with 1 of these! i thought i was till i went on mk4 website see links page

Gaz

Offline sijunior

• GTI forum regular
  • GTI 20V Turbo
Re:Help please
« Reply #2 on: 26 July 2003, 22:31 »
Best left alone.............

apart from the engine ofcourse ;D