Author Topic: Care home job loss  (Read 679 times)

Offline Simpson

• I live here
  • one day il learn
Care home job loss
« on: 07 March 2012, 16:59 »
Basically I was dismissed from work the other day due to a stupid mistake on my behalf. I am also on a full time college course 16 plus hrs per week. Am I entitled to any benefits as I wont be able to pay my rent, food etc untill I find something else?
 Also, I know legally they are not entitled to leave a bad reference but a generic one could be as good as bad right?
I know this is not the right forum but I am at my whits end and cannot cope trawling through other forums to get my answer. Thanks in advance  :smiley:
i must buy a new car!

Offline clipperjay

• I live here
Re: Care home job loss
« Reply #1 on: 07 March 2012, 17:07 »
Take any job and try and get some working tax credit you should see at least an extra 200 odd on top to see you through?
Other than that move back home and get some support?

Offline chrisbeg34

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 07 March 2012, 17:09 »
as far as I am aware mate, you can claim because you where dismissed, if you had left different matter, if you have been working for 2 years I think it is, you are entitled to jobseekers, first off, go straight to the council, they should be able to see you right, like help with council tax,rent and then go jobcentre, or otherway round, jobcentre will tell you what you are entitled to

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 07 March 2012, 17:55 »
Oops, but maybe a chat to Citizens Advice would be in order too.
And make sure they sacked you legally or you may have a claim of unfair dismissal.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline daz veedub

• Forum addict
  • Operation 1.8t bolf
« Reply #4 on: 07 March 2012, 18:39 »
you will NOT get jobseekers allowance as u were dismissed you have to apply for hardship allowance which is a lower form of payment you will be able to claim housing benefit tho

Offline Simpson

• I live here
  • one day il learn
« Reply #5 on: 10 March 2012, 00:50 »
thanks peops, i am 32 and at college not sure if that makes a difference? il sort it Monday I am finally coming to terms with it as the place was grinding me down in any case. Think the Law of attraction has responded to my thoughts! I will contact them about Housing Benefit Monday. I am sure Jobseekers is not possible in full time education anyway? Thanks again
i must buy a new car!

Offline OakeyDoak16v

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 10 March 2012, 01:38 »
Hey Chris that blows! Sorry i missed your call the other day, will give you a bell tomorrow mate. Get another job asap doing f*ckin anything otherwise your fecked, but i'm sure you already know that. Speak to you soon mate.  :smiley: