Author Topic: Modification Thread  (Read 2097 times)

Offline BEN888V

• Not said much yet
Modification Thread
« on: 23 September 2016, 18:24 »
I Take ownership of my new GTI on Sunday, and already theres a few things in my head that I may like to do. Was just wondering if any of you guys had feedback on what mods you have done to yours and any advice for me.

I think the 2 big things for me will be a remap and exhaust, although not yet. I wont be touching anything like that for at least a good few months, any advice appreciated.

Also I might look into tinting the back on my white GTI, anyone done this? Ive also noticed there isn't no GTI sticker of sort in the bottom of the door when you open it, like there is in the MK5.

Ive noticed a few digital speedos on the MK6, how do I get this? Or does it need re coding? (61 Plate) Coming from an Audi, Im very used to this and will be hard work going back to a standard!

Offline The ANT

• Here all the time
Re: Modification Thread
« Reply #1 on: 23 September 2016, 21:05 »
An induction kit is worth doing before the remap as it makes a big difference, mines got a pipercross induction kit and a remap, just that took it to 269bhp, it tranformed the car. Though be careful not to do too much with the standard clutch, I've got a sachs clutch, flywheel waiting to be fitted, so i can start fiddling again but lack of funds means it will have to wait a while.
Suffering from a severe and unforgiving case of GTItis

Offline RocketRossUK

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 23 September 2016, 22:19 »
Dont wait a few months unless you are short on money. You will think.....dam, why didnt i get this sooner.

*Milltek Full TBE (no cat of course)
*Pipercross / Revo Intake (its the best - ive tried all of them)
*Revo or APR stage 2 map

= Awsome car with loads of laughts

(dont forget to get top quality pads or upgrade the brakes)

MK6 GTI CSG | Revo Stage 2 | Revo Stage 2 Intake | Milltek 3" TB Exhaust | SuperPro Anti Lift Kit | H&R ARB's | Bilstein B12 | TT Short Shifter |Mintex M1144 Race Pads | HEL Braided Lines |

MK5 GTI - DSG + Extras (Sold because DSG was Soooo Boring !!!)

Offline BEN888V

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 24 September 2016, 19:45 »
Cheers for the info, currently scanning Revo website out.

Any news on the speedo? Has anyone had this done? I see its just a matter of plugging in Vagcom? Something I dont have thou.

Offline FBASH1R

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 24 September 2016, 20:33 »
Cheers for the info, currently scanning Revo website out.

Any news on the speedo? Has anyone had this done? I see its just a matter of plugging in Vagcom? Something I dont have thou.

ben email me .. faisal_bashir90@hotmail.com.. ill give you some valuable help with regarding mods bro. and save you some money in the process.

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #5 on: 26 September 2016, 15:39 »

Using VCSD, set the instruments to ROW (rest of world) Then in the settings menu on the DIS, tick the digital speed box in the MFD display list. You'll also need to change the units back to imperial. The kph speedo will be replaced with the outside temperature. If you need kph for driving abroad, go into the DIS MFD list and tick the Alt Speed box.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.