Author Topic: This time of year.......  (Read 4069 times)

Offline Wo-Wo

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
  • www.wo-wo.co.uk
This time of year.......
« on: 09 October 2014, 07:59 »
.......really bugs me.

The roads dry quick so your left wishing that you'd washed ya car and then it belts it down just after you have.

Anyone else get annoyed with this time of year?

Offline Nino

• I live here
Re: This time of year.......
« Reply #1 on: 09 October 2014, 16:09 »
Yip does my complete nut in!
VW Car history
Mk3 1.8 GL - Silver - 5 door
Mk4 1.8t - Silver - 3 door
Mk4 R32 - Black - 5 door
Mk5 GTi - Black - 5 door
Mk4 R32 - Deep Pearl Blue - 3 door
MK6 2.0 TDI - Graphite Blue - 5 door
MK7 GTD - Solid Black - 5 door
MK6 GTi Edition 35 - Candy White - 3 door

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 09 October 2014, 20:39 »
Yep, you can guarantee it'll chuck it down if you wash it and stay fine if you don't  :rolleyes:

Got the joys of winter car washing to look forward to.  Motivating yourself to get out there and wash it in the freezing cold, only to see your efforts vanish the second you hit the road.  We'll still do it though.  Although last year I shamefully let it go 5 weeks without a wash  :embarrassed:....never again.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #3 on: 09 October 2014, 21:45 »
5 weeks???

Mine went nearly 7 months...... :lipsrsealed: :whistle:

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4 on: 09 October 2014, 22:05 »
5 weeks???

:grin:

Yes, in my (very sad) world, 5 weeks is a car washing lifetime  :kiss: :grin:  :laugh:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #5 on: 09 October 2014, 22:14 »
5 weeks???

:grin:

Yes, in my (very sad) world, 5 weeks is a car washing lifetime  :kiss: :grin:  :laugh:

I used to be like that but a combination of a baby girl (now nearly 2!) and street parking means spare time is very much limited

Moving house soon which has a double driveway so maybe, just maybe, my car will get some much needed attention  :undecided:

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #6 on: 09 October 2014, 22:41 »

I used to be like that but a combination of a baby girl (now nearly 2!) and street parking means spare time is very much limited

Moving house soon which has a double driveway so maybe, just maybe, my car will get some much needed attention  :undecided:

I know exactly what you mean mate.  When my daughter was a baby, my first mk5 was sadly neglected.  Got more time to devote to it as she got a bit older (8 now) but I'm now back working full time so really pushed for time again  :sad:

But my car is v important to my physical and mental wellbeing  :laugh: (driving and detailing is my way of relaxing), so must find time!!

You've got to take advantage of that double driveway  :cool:
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #7 on: 10 October 2014, 11:31 »
Even tho' my cars don't get washed/detailed as often as I'd like over the winter, I still take comfort in that they are far cleaner than the vast majority of cars on the road.

I can also satisfy my OCD for vehicluar cleanliness by going into the garage and looking at my Mk2. I might even sit in it.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #8 on: 10 October 2014, 12:33 »
Even tho' my cars don't get washed/detailed as often as I'd like over the winter, I still take comfort in that they are far cleaner than the vast majority of cars on the road.

I can also satisfy my OCD for vehicluar cleanliness by going into the garage and looking at my Mk2. I might even sit in it.

Steady on dubber, you'll be driving it next  :tongue:
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Wo-Wo

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
  • www.wo-wo.co.uk
« Reply #9 on: 10 October 2014, 13:44 »
I'm so relieved that it's not just me!!!!!