Author Topic: Cheap-assed lids  (Read 5241 times)

Offline DOA

• I live here
Re: Cheap-assed lids
« Reply #10 on: 24 April 2012, 23:03 »
You need a snell sa 2010 for sprints and climbs.

They will accept 2005 as well as any of the other MSA approved lids (Midland Speed Championship). Nice helmet btw, sadly I dont value whats in my head too much so wont be spending that much on a lid. I recon that if Im happy to wear 60 quids worth when Im on my bike, 200 quids worth is more than adequate for something with rollover protection  :embarassed:. Going to go for an RSS cheapo lid from tweeks as it has all the features including Hans posts, peak mount, removable liner etc and is the cheapest new full face I can find lol. I would go open face but plan on moving to single seaters in a year or two and dont fancy buying another helmet lol.
I take your earlier point on the helmet being legal for machines far more likely to maim and kill yourself with, damn shame the rulemakers dont agree as over half my first years budget is going on racewear lol, I guess it saves the ambulance man from digging a pile of brain out of a wrecked car should it happen though   :grin:. I was making the point in case anyone bought it and got rudely brought to task at an event  :smiley:.
« Last Edit: 24 April 2012, 23:05 by DOA »

Offline tweed

• Forum addict
Re: Cheap-assed lids
« Reply #11 on: 25 April 2012, 08:05 »
I'm glad you did point it out!! As I said I used it for two MSA races and thought it was ok. It was approved.

Good luck with your racing mate  :smiley:

Untitled by tweedub, on Flickr