Author Topic: Tyres  (Read 8135 times)

Offline tech1889

• Serious forum addict
  • Mk2 GTI FTW !!
Tyres
« on: 12 March 2012, 20:13 »
Hi guys..

I currently have Toyo Proxes T1-R on my car and love them but the compound for me seems so soft and i can kill them really quick.. the good thing they only like £36 a tyre..

My friends have told me Yokohama Parada Spec 2's are a better tyre and at only £46.50 per tyre maybe a good investment.. These will be used every day but also for some fast road driving and hopefully by end of the summer a track day or two..

I would love to have R888 or Federal RSR etc but in reality im not spending £100 a tyre on my car and i want tyres i can live with for commuting and my mates RS with R888 has a lot of road noise..

Are there any other better grip tyres for around £40-60 price people recommend ??

195/45/15
Mk4 Golf GTI anniversary and mk6 golf tdi :)

Offline Diamond Hell

• Serious forum addict
  • Opinions я Us
Re: Tyres
« Reply #1 on: 12 March 2012, 20:36 »
Have a look at Michelin or Continental.  Might cost a bit more but will last a LOT longer then T1-Rs and will grip bloody well.
Just because you're offended doesn't make you right.

Holiday cottages on the Isle of Wight for 2-10 people? PM me.

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 12 March 2012, 20:50 »
To be honest you won't get great grip for around £60, I run Goodyear Asymmetric 2s which cost £121 each and they are excellent...

Personally rubber is something you shouldn't really skimp on as essentially that's what keeps on the road...just my appinion Of course!! :smiley:
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline tech1889

• Serious forum addict
  • Mk2 GTI FTW !!
« Reply #3 on: 12 March 2012, 20:53 »
Have use tried Yokohama spec 2's.. They have so much grip they about the same grip level to my pirelli's that were on my cooper s.. I just looked at conti and michelin and looking about £75-80a tyre..

The reason your tyres expensive fella is they not likely to be as small as mine lol

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 12 March 2012, 21:04 »
Have use tried Yokohama spec 2's.. They have so much grip they about the same grip level to my pirelli's that were on my cooper s.. I just looked at conti and michelin and looking about £75-80a tyre..

The reason your tyres expensive fella is they not likely to be as small as mine lol

Oh yeah....the light bulb in my head just went off lol...

On the Yoko spec 2s tho yeah Ive had them on a set of 18s and the were excellent!!!
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline Diamond Hell

• Serious forum addict
  • Opinions я Us
« Reply #5 on: 12 March 2012, 21:08 »
Supposedly dire on track days though.

Offline tech1889

• Serious forum addict
  • Mk2 GTI FTW !!
« Reply #6 on: 12 March 2012, 21:23 »
Supposedly dire on track days though.

any reason ?

Offline Diamond Hell

• Serious forum addict
  • Opinions я Us
« Reply #7 on: 12 March 2012, 22:01 »
They overheat easily and the rubber just peels off them.

Offline tech1889

• Serious forum addict
  • Mk2 GTI FTW !!
« Reply #8 on: 12 March 2012, 22:49 »
Well my starlet only 180bhp so i dont think i will be pushing them to their max lol.. I can imagine thought because of the tread pattern.. i would R888 but £105 is a bit steep as wouldnt want to run them all the time as they not the best in rain and cold weather

Offline Nige

• Not said much yet
« Reply #9 on: 13 March 2012, 05:22 »
AVOID Parada Spec 2 for track use. They are awful tyres on a track car, they simply break up and delaminate.