Author Topic: Wiring hel urgently needed !!!!!!  (Read 1478 times)

Offline Deano2711

• I live here
  • 1992 VR6
Wiring hel urgently needed !!!!!!
« on: 07 November 2010, 14:18 »
I am in the process of fitting a sub and amp into my VR6. Wired it all in ok and got it working. Then went to put the stereo back in the dash and it cut out. Took the stereo back out and for the life of me cannot get the stereo to fire up again. Checked the fuse and that is fine. The stereo is working in my GTI so it's not that. So then I take the stereo wiring loom back to the lower glove box rea and strip back the covering to check for damaged/broken wires. No damage or broke wires anywhere. If I unplug the stereo and then plug it back in I get the Sony bleeps to tell you the face is still on but nothing else which indicates power is getting into the car. I have tried using a piece of wire direct from the battery to the stereo loom to test this wire....no good. Tried the same taking power from an ignition live....no good. Tried using the wire as an earth....no good. As I say I can take the stereo to the other car and plug it in and it's on. The amp wiring is temporarily disconnected but just cannot power up. Anyone with any ideas ????

Offline james@bloomz.co.uk

• Not said much yet
Re: Wiring hel urgently needed !!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: 07 November 2010, 17:43 »
what output did you use from the HU to get the remote??

Can you take a pic of the wiring behind the radio and post it up???

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
« Reply #2 on: 07 November 2010, 17:47 »
dont you have a burnt fusebox issue ?  and a load of live wires etc found dangling   :sick:

Offline Deano2711

• I live here
  • 1992 VR6
« Reply #3 on: 07 November 2010, 18:05 »
dont you have a burnt fusebox issue ?  and a load of live wires etc found dangling   :sick:

Did have Chuff Mate....yesterday I removed a carrier bag full of wiring with some connected to the battery. However, this morning all was fine, radio was working and car was fine. So I thought time to instal the sub and amp. Put it all in and was working, untill that is I pushed the headunit bck in the dash and then the power just died. Took it back out and tried everything. Tested the headunit in the GTI and it worked. So tonight I decide to give up and wait till light again. Went to start the car to charge up the battery for a bit and I now have ignition lights but no turning over. So out comes the fuse box again and then I see two black and white wires from a green connector up near the ignition barrell that are burnt. So I have now reinstalled all the headunit and put the dash back together and plan to drop the car up the garage tomorrow for the wiring repairs needed. Any idea what the black and white wires are for ??