Author Topic: modern technology?  (Read 1273 times)

Offline mellow yellow

• I live here
  • A Driffield Dubber!
modern technology?
« on: 03 November 2010, 13:04 »
I want to upgrade my head unit in my car, i currently have a JVC CD head unit which powers my amp for my sub and my front comps and tweets.

Thing is i listen to a lot of my old cd's and they are getting a bit battered i'm running out of space to store them.

What would be the best way to get all my tunes in the car? at the moment i dont have an ipod but might get one off the mrs for crimbo, but i'm not up on these things, are they just plug and play? i only have one pre out which is used up by the amp?

ideally i would like to spend as little as possible so dont really want to get a new head unit aswell?
 also what is all this mp3 malarky all about? can you just store a load of music on a memory stick and plug it into units with usb's? if this is the case then would i be better just upgrading to a newer head unit with mp3 instead of an ipod.

Sorry for the dumb questions but i need to get clued up before i start looking for new goodies  :laugh:

please help  :undecided:

Offline N900 MJT

• I live here
Re: modern technology?
« Reply #1 on: 04 November 2010, 11:09 »
Hi Mate

I would highly recomend the Sony DSX-S300BTX or the DSX-S100

Offline mellow yellow

• I live here
  • A Driffield Dubber!
« Reply #2 on: 04 November 2010, 12:52 »
the DSX-S100 looks pretty cool, just what i'm after really and with plenty of change to get myself an ipod :-)

I guess it will take any type of ipod? 

Offline N900 MJT

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 04 November 2010, 14:00 »
It should take any apple product or any USB device - i have the 300 as i wanted the bluetooth to work with my phone.

Offline mellow yellow

• I live here
  • A Driffield Dubber!
« Reply #4 on: 04 November 2010, 14:31 »
nice one, i guess the ipod compartment holds it in there pretty well, do you cope ok without a cd player?

is it easy to use, me being an ipod newby and all  :smiley:

Offline N900 MJT

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 08 November 2010, 11:50 »
Hi Mate

Yer i cope really well as now i dont have thousands of cd's rolling around the car!!