Author Topic: Possible New ED30 Owner  (Read 2594 times)

Offline TheBALDpuma

• Just got here
Possible New ED30 Owner
« on: 11 July 2016, 21:35 »
Hi everyone,

I am currently looking at ED30s, and have just been to visit one today. YD07VSZ, if anyone is familar with it.

I'm not used to turbo cars; how much should I hear the turbo?  It was very obvious, with a notable rush when driving hard and changing gear - it doesn't do this when driving steadily.

Is there anything in particular I should be looking at?

Offline CRA165X

• Just got here
Re: Possible New ED30 Owner
« Reply #1 on: 12 July 2016, 10:21 »
Hi mate,

I just bought an Eddy 30 a few Months ago lovely car. Was standard when i bought it but the car was pretty silent. You could hear a small Turbo noise but nothing that stood out.

Now it is stage 1 APR with a Evoms intake and now its pretty loud, The Turbo spooling and chatter noise is very noticable.

Has the car been Re-mapped or did it have an intake?

Anyway What colour, DSG and number is it? mines no# 893 i think haha.

Offline TheBALDpuma

• Just got here
« Reply #2 on: 12 July 2016, 11:55 »
I'm told it's not remapped, and it looked standard under the bonnet but there was a significant dump on hard gear changes.   Hmmm. Could be a remap, or leaky pipe?

Not sure on the number but it's black and yes DSG. I want a red 5 door really with DSG and cruise. And an arm rest lol.

This seems good value at 8k though, body work is a little scruffy in places.   Mulling it over, but if there is a remap/turbo issue I'll pass as I want a standard one in good nick.

Offline CRA165X

• Just got here
« Reply #3 on: 12 July 2016, 13:21 »
Hmmmm as mine was pretty quite on gear change but then being DSG the gearchange is so fast you dont really get much noise at all bar the Exhaust burble.

If i full trottle and let off then there was a small woosh but nothing major or noticable much when it was standard. Now with the Evoms its very noticable  :grin:

You will Enjoy the car once purchased tho as i have had a few cars over the years that have disapointed but the Eddy puts a smile on my face  :smiley:

Offline itavaltalainen

• I live here
  • VCDS and VCP - fault codes, coding, VIM activation
« Reply #4 on: 07 August 2016, 15:14 »
I'd always get any car scanned fully (not via OBD2 but fully fledged VCDS scan on VAG cars) before buying....
You can also monitor boost etc.
2019 Seat Leon ST FR DSG 135kW - eclipse orange - 23k miles