Author Topic: Central locking, Fuel flap problems  (Read 2106 times)

Offline kennyson9

• Just got here
Central locking, Fuel flap problems
« on: 29 May 2016, 18:26 »
Hi all, got a 55 plate 1.9 tdi and discovered the boot only opens via the emergency release so I pulled out the tail gate panel and tinkered a bit, after finding nothing obvious, I checked every fuse in the side of the dash and under the bonnet, I found them all looking ok except one which had foil bridging it so swapped that one. This didn't fix the boot release but it did stop my central locking working off the fob or the drivers door button, also the fuel flap release has stopped opening from the door button so I have to yank it open to fuel up. its a 5 door and I can lock the front doors off the key or door button but the back doors cant be locked at all. Ive checked the door wiring harnesses on all the doors and the boot , the boot harness had a broken earth which ive fixed now but the boot still wont release. The doors where locking fine before I touched anything, All windows, lights and mirrors function as they should... What can be at fault, CCM ? Surely dabbling with the fuses hasn't made it fail. Thanks

Offline itavaltalainen

• I live here
  • VCDS and VCP - fault codes, coding, VIM activation
Re: Central locking, Fuel flap problems
« Reply #1 on: 29 May 2016, 21:15 »
Check for fault codes.....  :wink:
2019 Seat Leon ST FR DSG 135kW - eclipse orange - 23k miles