Author Topic: Recommend me a snow foam?  (Read 8961 times)

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
Re: Recommend me a snow foam?
« Reply #20 on: 16 January 2015, 18:20 »
Ajmoir, sounds like a good plan for your new R, bet the Lapis Blue looks amazing after a good polish.

Like you, polish wise, I start with PB SSR1 and then step up to SSR2 where required, on a variety of Chemical Guys Hex Logic pads.  Also got some SSR 2.5 just in case  :laugh:

I used the Natty's Blue paste on mine a few times but wasn't that impressed.  Nothing wrong with it as such but found the DoDo Juice Pro Blue Velvet to give far superior gloss and longevity on deep black pearl.  Honestly if you don't like the Nattys, try the DJ pro range.

Post some pics up when you've done it  :smiley:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #21 on: 16 January 2015, 18:29 »
Thanks
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.

Offline KyleB

• I live here
« Reply #22 on: 16 January 2015, 19:05 »
Thanks Booth. Might be a bit difficult in my garage. Might put a bigger garage as a requirement when we moved.

Offline Gazza

• Not said much yet
« Reply #23 on: 18 January 2015, 15:07 »
My three go to snow foams are Auto Finesse Avalanche, VP Advanced Neutral or CG No-Touch. That being said, I think snow foam is far overrated so am tending to go more with a pre wash now - just as effective and less mess. VP Citrus Pre Wash is ace!

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #24 on: 19 January 2015, 21:50 »
Fingers crossed that the Pro Valet Neutral Snow Foam turns up before Sat when I collect the R and the weather holds.
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #25 on: 20 January 2015, 08:24 »

- Stop and inspect at regular intervals to see how you are progressing.
- Use a small LED torch to check for swirls.

If you are able to work inside, turn off all the lights then use the torch, shining it in all directions at the paintwork to show up every last swirl mark.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline nezzi21

• Not said much yet
« Reply #26 on: 27 January 2015, 20:55 »
Would suggest having a look at Orchard Autocare's Cotton Candy Snow Foam. Really good snow foam, infact full range is awesome.

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #27 on: 28 January 2015, 10:55 »
I ran out of snow foam so gave AG shampoo a try just to see what it would do. I was very impressed with the results. I'd say it shifted much more than the Valet Pro snow foam that I usually use.

It can be expensive if you buy it in the shops at around £9 per litre, but if you are able to catch one of the vans delivering to the trade, you ought to be able to buy 25 litres for £40.

Was looking at £20 online for 5 litres I'll take the 25 litres at £40 please.

It must have been a long time since I bought some, as I got another 25 litres last week and was charged £45.60. It's still only £1.82 per litre tho'.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #28 on: 28 January 2015, 13:00 »
I ran out of snow foam so gave AG shampoo a try just to see what it would do. I was very impressed with the results. I'd say it shifted much more than the Valet Pro snow foam that I usually use.

It can be expensive if you buy it in the shops at around £9 per litre, but if you are able to catch one of the vans delivering to the trade, you ought to be able to buy 25 litres for £40.

Was looking at £20 online for 5 litres I'll take the 25 litres at £40 please.

It must have been a long time since I bought some, as I got another 25 litres last week and was charged £45.60. It's still only £1.82 per litre tho'.

Dubber, do you lie in wait outside Halfords ready to hijack the Autoglym rep??
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #29 on: 28 January 2015, 16:07 »
I have two trade contacts. One is a valeter at a local Vauxhall dealership who has the Auto Glym van call on them once a fortnight, the other is my cousin that lives down the road from the man that has this areas trade supplies franchise. He often gets a phone call if I'm running low on products.