Author Topic: Jon's 91' Mk2 ABF Digi GTI  (Read 63342 times)

Offline Khare

• Serious forum addict
  • The bear that khares
Re: 8v GTI on a student budget
« Reply #20 on: 28 December 2009, 12:30 »
are you upgrading to 256 set up then? If so, get the bits needed apart from pads and disc...buy them new otherwise you will still have poor braking from an old worn out disc.

Offline jmsheahan

• I live here
« Reply #21 on: 29 December 2009, 20:29 »
are you upgrading to 256 set up then? If so, get the bits needed apart from pads and disc...buy them new otherwise you will still have poor braking from an old worn out disc.

Yes upgrading at the same time. Figured if I was buying discs etc anyway I may as well source the 16v hubs/calipers etc and do it all in one job lot. And yeah will be new discs and pads  :smiley: Not going to be cheap but figured it would be worth the extra £50 odd to upgrade rather than buying the smaller discs again.
« Last Edit: 29 December 2009, 20:57 by jmsheahan »

Offline jmsheahan

• I live here
« Reply #22 on: 10 February 2010, 19:54 »
Thought I'd update a bit but no pics as of yet. So whats been happening? Well today MOT FAIL  :rolleyes: surprise surprise. Nothing major though, just a split CV boot, small blow from centre box on exhaust and rear fog not working (it was at the weekend  :rolleyes:)

256 brake setup is on and has made a a noticeable difference. I didn't realise quite how bad the old discs were  :sick:

A few bits have been arriving including a rust free tailgate which was a steal, genuine hella rear smoked lights and complete genuine 16v lock set that works from one key.

Offline mookie

• Here all the time
  • Geordie ABF!
« Reply #23 on: 10 February 2010, 22:43 »
I like this alot dude. Interior looks great!

Offline GOLF_STU

• I live here
  • THE_GIT
« Reply #24 on: 10 February 2010, 22:57 »
my soft spot for mk2's is gettin softer  :cry:

fear is temporary, regret lasts forever...
V TEC KICKED IN Y'ALL!!!

Offline jmsheahan

• I live here
« Reply #25 on: 18 February 2010, 13:56 »
Thanks for the comments.

Result of today - MOT Pass! Happy days  :grin:

This arrived last week too - rust free tailgate. Just needs a good clean/polish. Will wait for some decent weather before this goes on though!

« Last Edit: 18 February 2010, 14:00 by jmsheahan »

Offline N3m3SiS

• Just got here
« Reply #26 on: 19 February 2010, 02:39 »
ahhh i think im gonna have tp get a mk2!!!

yours looks quality mate shame about the MOT fail has to be the most depressing thing ever loool

Offline jmsheahan

• I live here
« Reply #27 on: 19 February 2010, 15:06 »
Got a nice electrical gremlin from the MOT - drove it back last night late and the horn sounds whenever I turn right. Highly amusing on roundabouts  :rolleyes:

Pulled the fuse for now, will have to sort another time.

Offline warnesey333

• I live here
« Reply #28 on: 19 February 2010, 15:12 »
Got a nice electrical gremlin from the MOT - drove it back last night late and the horn sounds whenever I turn right. Highly amusing on roundabouts  :rolleyes:

Pulled the fuse for now, will have to sort another time.

That got me giggling!

Offline snifferdog

• I live here
« Reply #29 on: 20 February 2010, 08:39 »
Lovin the car mate, i'll have another mk2 one day!! Although the thread title says 'on a student budget' and then you start talking about airports and buying rallye interiors, i thought students could only afford pot noodles??!!  :grin: :grin: :grin: