Author Topic: Remap companies  (Read 4138 times)

Offline arj7

• Not said much yet
Remap companies
« on: 29 August 2014, 00:22 »
I have a mk6 Golf GTD I have wanted to get it remapped for a while but have never got round to it, I guess the warranty was on my mind but its almost over now so I want to get it done.

Thing is there are so many companies that do it, I have heard a lot of good things about REVO then obviously there is Carbon on this forum.

What is the difference between the companies? I am a bit unsure who to go to.

Anyone have any recommendations/ advice?

Thanks
Carbon Grey, 2012 GTD!!!!!!

Offline golfhappy

• I live here
Re: Remap companies
« Reply #1 on: 29 August 2014, 00:54 »
I have had both Superchips and Revo remaps done on equivelent cars a Seat Leon Supercopa and my current golf, probably nothing much to chose between the both of them. Each company gives you a warranty as to any defect which is seen to be cause by the remap. Lookaround i think Christmas time they have a sale which if i remember goes to about March. Each is a stage 1 which boosts BHP by 30/35.
Audi S1 gone, awaiting 1.5tsi r-line, pan roof, led lights front and rear, active dash, 18" jurva alloys and a dealer fitted Oettinger roof spoiler in tornado red.

Offline arj7

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 29 August 2014, 14:23 »
So would you recommend REVO?

The warranty appeals to me, at least its piece of mind to an extent
Carbon Grey, 2012 GTD!!!!!!

Offline golfhappy

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 29 August 2014, 16:12 »
Probably, on paper anyway. Think the new Revo map is now stated at 212bhp as the 208 bhp that i have. Coupled with the Superchips map that from memeory is just shy of 200bhp. Again folk will tell you it's the torque igures your looking at, and the Revo again is better on paper. One wise person said to me...Revo totally dedicates itself to VAG group cars whilst Superchips does a whole range of manufacturers. On point of note your ECU will have to be removed to put the map in. To put the Superchip one in he had to solder a wiring harness onto the pads, ecu connections on the printed circuit board. The Revo one was done by putting a special device onto the pads via prongs touching the pads. Each was security bolted back in place. The bonus to this method is that the pads didn't have excess solder on them so harder to detect as to someone was messing with the ecu, that's if it was ever opened again. Rhyso at Kinnetic Tuning states that they can remap via the OBD port which is way by the best method...hell your Granny wouldn't even know you had been in there.

So all said if you fancy a trip to Wales, his is the best option followed by me thinks Revo. Hope this helps  :grin:
Audi S1 gone, awaiting 1.5tsi r-line, pan roof, led lights front and rear, active dash, 18" jurva alloys and a dealer fitted Oettinger roof spoiler in tornado red.

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #4 on: 29 August 2014, 18:05 »
Thanks for the recommendation  :cool:

On this ocassion give Nick @ Carbon a call; no one knows the GTD better  :wink:

And he's MUCH closer lol

Offline Devilz

• I live here
  • Cruisin is not a crime