Poll

Is it the rear axle bushes?

3 (75%)
1 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Author Topic: Is it the rear axle bushes?  (Read 2331 times)

Offline Whitehatch

• Just got here
« on: 12 January 2010, 02:03 »
Hi everyone

Been reading quite a few thread on the forum and am still abit sketchy on whether the problem that i have with my 97 gti 8v mite be the rear axle bushes from what i have read or something else. To explain the problem, when taking a corner at any speed and the car hits the slightest of bumps or holes the back end seems to slide round with me having no control of it as if its not engaging with the road. Also in straight lines when hitting holes it seems to react funny aswell and the steering sometimes shakes slightly. In general the car corners fine when it doesnt hit a hole or bump.

Would help the budget loads if anyone had a similar problem or knows of the problem and has managed to sort it. Im not a car mechanic of anysort but have been searching through the threads on here. Also if it mite be the rear axle bushes would the powerflex ones be the best and would i need to do the fronts aswell?

Thanks

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
Re: Is it the rear axle bushes?
« Reply #1 on: 12 January 2010, 08:32 »
Might be you shocks.

Offline Whitehatch

• Just got here
Re: Is it the rear axle bushes?
« Reply #2 on: 12 January 2010, 21:58 »
Is it generally either the rear axle bushes or shocks that give similar symptoms? Just thinkin whether to either change the bushes first then if it still is the same then think about doin coilovers. Suggestions from you guys would help loads