Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2779342 times)

Offline gtiaps

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #8220 on: 17 March 2018, 15:17 »
Should be retitled What We're You Going To Do Today....
Got up this morning bout 05.30 down to the yard collected truck from dealers due to starter motor packing up yesterday, back to yard fitted new beacons new reverse floods gave it a wash.
Then home thinking rite pressure washer buckets etc etc but guess what yup snow snow and more snow out the window goes the car wash etc.   :whistle:
2010 Candy White Scirocco 2.0 TDI
2016 Carbon Grey Gti 2.0 Fully Loaded

COLLECTED 29/4/2016 and well pleased with the GTI😆😆

Offline JamesR27

• Here all the time
« Reply #8221 on: 17 March 2018, 15:46 »
Got up this morning bout 05.30 down to the yard collected truck from dealers due to starter motor packing up yesterday, back to yard fitted new beacons new reverse floods gave it a wash.
Then home thinking rite pressure washer buckets etc etc but guess what yup snow snow and more snow out the window goes the car wash etc.   :whistle:

I know it should be I had to go and collect my new R from the retailers and it was clean for at least 5 mins. Good job it was in for glass coating.
MK 7.5 R Pure White, Pretoria Silver, DCC, Rear Camera.
Gone - MK 7 GTI Carbon Grey, Rear Camera, Service Pack.
Gone - MK 6 GTI  Reflex Silver, Monza Shadows, RCD 510, Rear Camera, Bluetooth, Tyre Pressure Sensor, Xenons Convenience pack, Service Pack :)
Gone - MK 5 GTI Reflex Silver, Monza II 18's, Luxury Pack, Mulitchanger

Offline Wide

• I live here
« Reply #8222 on: 18 March 2018, 08:23 »
Done a realy bad wash on my car... :sad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgZrZTn4tes

You can never do a fast wash and get satisfied.. :wink:
My Youtube Channel ** MK8 R and MK7.5 GTI PP**
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOQb17Kro9L-iuT91cKxsjA
And My INSTAGRAM FaceliftGT
https://www.instagram.com/p/CHKNpaNHog_/

Offline wantmygti

• I live here
« Reply #8223 on: 18 March 2018, 11:57 »
Another OBDEleven success - have coded in automatic coming home lights. Don’t know why this isn’t on as standard as it was on on my Mk5. Can’t be doing with pulling the lights lever every time..!
2017 GTi Clubsport arrived June 2017
2007 Shadow Blue GTi, sold on after 10 years ownership

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #8224 on: 18 March 2018, 15:01 »

I've been down to the seaside for the weekend, I knew it was likely to snow but wasn't quite expecting 5 or 6 inches. Plus my car was parked at the top of a very steep albeit short slope. First time ever I thought I might need winter tyres! Still, got out okay and the drive home was fine but even my OH said she had never seen the car as dirty as this before! Perhaps it'll get a go tomorrow weather depending....
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #8225 on: 18 March 2018, 15:13 »
Today I did nothing to my mk7 as it’s buried in snow.
Yesterday it was first service time and this cheeky little fella parked itself next to me  :smiley: 
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #8226 on: 18 March 2018, 15:26 »
Yesterday it was first service time and this cheeky little fella parked itself next to me  :smiley:

Nice!

I wish my dealer had parking spaces as large as that, rather than spaces designed for 1960’s sized cars - or is it just that the up! GTI makes the spaces look large? Probably not, judging by the amount of space around your Clubsport  :smiley:
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #8227 on: 18 March 2018, 15:29 »

Nice!

I wish my dealer had parking spaces as large as that, rather than spaces designed for 1960’s sized cars - or is it just that the up! GTI makes the spaces look large? Probably not, judging by the amount of space around your Clubsport  :smiley:
When the dealer moved to a much bigger site a couple of years ago they made the spaces big enough for the biggest model in the range (the Touareg at the time) which was a brilliant idea.
Their old site was cramped and I wouldn't mind betting there were a few dinged panels that had to be sorted out which would have cost them a fair few quid over time not to mention customer dissatisfaction. Someone came up with that little brainwave and it was a wonderful idea!
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #8228 on: 19 March 2018, 11:15 »
Thought about washing it today but after 10 freezing minutes just cleaning the glass and topping up the screenwash I retreated back inside. The hose is under snow and probably frozen anyway....
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline gtiaps

• I live here
« Reply #8229 on: 19 March 2018, 13:00 »
Thought about washing it today but after 10 freezing minutes just cleaning the glass and topping up the screenwash I retreated back inside. The hose is under snow and probably frozen anyway....

That was my thought too yesterday afternoon Peter lol I'm hoping the weather is fairly accurate for this Saturday she's gonna get a lot of TLC hahaha  :whistle:
2010 Candy White Scirocco 2.0 TDI
2016 Carbon Grey Gti 2.0 Fully Loaded

COLLECTED 29/4/2016 and well pleased with the GTI😆😆