Author Topic: golf in ten million  (Read 2020 times)

Offline wayno

• Not said much yet
golf in ten million
« on: 07 February 2005, 22:32 »
hi all, ive just bought my first golf- its a 1988 e-reg 8v gti- had one owner from new (until me recently) its a 'golf in ten million' edtion which was lauched in the summer of 1988. it has oak green paint, vw seven spoke? alloys, striped seat trim and smoked rear light lenses.its totally standard and never been modified or molested- its even got original radio/cassette!
the condition of interior(aprart from drivers seat bolster) and exterior is superb and has to be seen to be believed.the engine is as sweet as a nut and it goes like stink! , vw did them in black,blue and oak green but ive never seen another one on the road.
its the best engineered car ive ever owned and the most fun to drive with bags of torque right through the rev range.
does anybody know how many? of this edition were sold in the uk?
cheers

mix

Re: golf in ten million
« Reply #1 on: 07 February 2005, 22:44 »
welcome to the site dude, you get loadsa help for those routine repairs!

And it sounds like you got a sweet ride, try and post some pics in the gallery so we can all have a drool. . :smiley:

Offline gibby

• Forum addict
  • Champions of Europe,ooh ,just the five times then!
« Reply #2 on: 08 February 2005, 08:01 »
Hi matey, welcome to the site, unfortunately I don't know how many were made of that edition. Is it not a mk2 campaign model ?  :undecided:
......now officially dubless.

mrwotto

« Reply #3 on: 08 February 2005, 10:19 »
Welcome to the forum matey :grin:

Offline tinman

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 08 February 2005, 11:13 »
Hi matey, welcome to the site, unfortunately I don't know how many were made of that edition. Is it not a mk2 campaign model ?? :undecided:

yup, its a Mk2 Campaign.

i think the run was around 10,000 but i'm not sure. something like 8500 were 8v and 1500 were 16v.

Dinky

« Reply #5 on: 08 February 2005, 15:30 »
Welcome to the forum matey!

Diane :kiss:

Offline wayno

• Not said much yet
« Reply #6 on: 10 February 2005, 22:47 »
hi dudes, thanks for the warm welcome you guys have got some cool cars!
how do i get my pics onto the messeage board?

Offline gibby

• Forum addict
  • Champions of Europe,ooh ,just the five times then!
« Reply #7 on: 12 February 2005, 10:51 »
You can put pics up in your own gallery, just click gallery button above, browse on your comp and then upload but you'll need to wait for admin approval before you will be able to see them. If you want to put pics in your messages you need them in your gallery or on some free webspace, people use photobucket.com (I think), then you need to put the URL to your pics inbetween some img tags (press the icon with a pic on it below the I button when you reply. e.g. [ img]www. yourwebsite/yourcar.jpg[ /img]. Hope that makes sense.
......now officially dubless.