Author Topic: VK67 JDO at Eddie Wright  (Read 4694 times)

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
Re: VK67 JDO at Eddie Wright
« Reply #20 on: 03 December 2019, 06:45 »
Interesting to read about opinions on value of optional extras as this seems the complete polar opposite to my current experience. Have tried twice to get a good trade in on my Dec 16 PP with its extras at a local Seat dealer and he either doesn't want to sell me a car or can't be bothered as his trade in is 2k short of WBAC and nearly 1900 quid short of a Seat dealer down South.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #21 on: 03 December 2019, 07:28 »
When a VW dealer has this for just under £23k:

https://usedcars.volkswagen.co.uk/en/used-cars/volkswagen/golf/5dr-20-tsi-gti-245ps-gjb4uu9

Performance Pack and March 2019....

That's why the other one isn't selling through a non-VW dealership.

Although to be fair, there are other non-PP's of similar age on Das Welt Auto for a similar price. The cheapest 2017 one is this:

https://usedcars.volkswagen.co.uk/en/used-cars/volkswagen/golf/mk7-facelift-20-tsi-gti-230ps-5dr-hmb4kpa

Quite why you'd buy a 2017 car for that much when one almost 2 years newer is a fraction more and the newer one was a PP...

The cheapest 2017 PP I could find is this one...

https://usedcars.volkswagen.co.uk/en/used-cars/volkswagen/golf/mk7-facelift-20-tsi-gti-performance-245ps-5-p1b6ns5

Its neigh on £1000 cheaper than one 18 months newer. That literally makes no sense at all.

Agreed. I think there is an issue with 2nd hand prices as the market seems to have been saturated with very well priced 2019 models and it's made the 2017/8 models now look a bit expensive. You still have to spend £14/15k on a nice 2015 model with under 50k miles.
The market is saturated with box-standard cars (no options), but throw some desirable options into the mix and the landscape dramatically changes. It used to be options retained circa 20% of their value, but on the 7.5 I’d estimate it’s currently circa 70%!

Sure there’s the odd car out there that goes against the norm (normally ex VW management/fleet), but find a car with Metallic paint, 19’s, Dynaudio and pan roof and you’re instantly looking at £25k minimum for 68/19 plates. Throw DCC and/or leather into it and the prices jump even more.

When I specced mine I was worried about taking a huge bath on depreciation in the first couple of years, even with the large discount I got, but so far used values have stayed in line with expectations. Not that I’m looking to sell though.

These cars (both 7 and 7.5, more so the 7.5) are super-sensitive to spec in the used market and that shows in values.

I’d agree that looking for a well spec’d makes choice much more limited. But the OP is looking at a manual with just Dynaudio so I’m assuming he’s happy with a fairly standard car. In which case He had a lot of choice! And going for 2019 model will increase the spec.
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline McBreadhead

• Not said much yet
« Reply #22 on: 04 December 2019, 21:24 »
Yup I was originally looking at an R a year ago but had to delay due to work woes. I missed the boat as I reckon Rs have probably gone up £2k in value since. So now looking at a GTI in fairly standard spec.
But I have to say there is very little choice at the mo, well down on same last year

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #23 on: 04 December 2019, 23:54 »
I saw plenty of R's when I search vw used for you earlier in this thread...
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #24 on: 05 December 2019, 08:38 »

So now looking at a GTI in fairly standard spec.
But I have to say there is very little choice at the mo, well down on same last year

Have you been on Autotrader?! Never been more choice of used GTI's!
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey