Author Topic: Racingline style DSG paddles £45  (Read 3041 times)

Offline BobbyT

• I live here
  • Housemusic aint for everybody,only the sexy people
Racingline style DSG paddles £45
« on: 05 March 2018, 15:33 »
Seen these on Ali, I bought the same style from Ebay but they're £50 on there..... didn't check Ali :(

I went for the black ones

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/For-VW-GOLF-GTI-R-GTD-GTE-MK7-7-2013-2016-2017-2018-Metal-Car-Steering/32855134137.html
BW3 2018... 7.5 Oryx White R Estate, Black mirrors and rails, Dynaudio, Rear Cam, Climate Screen, 90% tints

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
Re: Racingline style DSG paddles £45
« Reply #1 on: 05 March 2018, 23:12 »
Thanks for that.
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline scanesare

• I live here
  • GTI Clubsport
« Reply #2 on: 06 March 2018, 09:20 »
Wasn't really sure how would this frame-like design with pockets feel since I saw Racingline's release. I imagine fingers stucking at weird positions  :lipsrsealed: I went with that one instead (in black) mostly because another guy I know runs those in his R and is very happy (I am skeptical about most Ali knock-offs), currently awaiting delivery:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Metal-Car-Steering-Wheel-Paddle-Extension-Shifter-Replacement-For-VW-GOLF-GTI-R-GTD-GTE-MK7/32844316088.html

Offline Talk-torque

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 06 March 2018, 17:27 »
Wasn't really sure how would this frame-like design with pockets feel since I saw Racingline's release. I imagine fingers stucking at weird positions  :lipsrsealed: I went with that one instead (in black) mostly because another guy I know runs those in his R and is very happy (I am skeptical about most Ali knock-offs), currently awaiting delivery:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Metal-Car-Steering-Wheel-Paddle-Extension-Shifter-Replacement-For-VW-GOLF-GTI-R-GTD-GTE-MK7/32844316088.html

Now those are the first paddle extensions I would entertain, after seeing the ST2's. Be interested in how well they fit, and how they feel in use. They look cast, rather than machined, but that doesn't mean they won't fit well, if the accuracy is there. Hope they are as good as they look. Think they missed a trick with the plastic inlay, though. Red, to match the steering wheel stitching, might actually work!
Roger.

Pure White MY19 GTI PP 5 Door DSG with 19” Brescias.

Offline andy28

• Here all the time
« Reply #4 on: 06 March 2018, 17:45 »
It doesn't look like the first ones are available anymore :-(
GTI Clubsport Edition 40
#301 and then #190

Offline scanesare

• I live here
  • GTI Clubsport
« Reply #5 on: 06 March 2018, 19:00 »
Now those are the first paddle extensions I would entertain, after seeing the ST2's. Be interested in how well they fit, and how they feel in use. They look cast, rather than machined, but that doesn't mean they won't fit well, if the accuracy is there. Hope they are as good as they look. Think they missed a trick with the plastic inlay, though. Red, to match the steering wheel stitching, might actually work!

I'll let everyone know once I take delivery of them and put them on the car.

Offline BobbyT

• I live here
BW3 2018... 7.5 Oryx White R Estate, Black mirrors and rails, Dynaudio, Rear Cam, Climate Screen, 90% tints

Offline BobbyT

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 18 May 2018, 21:17 »