Author Topic: RCD510 \ iphone and the tom tom app  (Read 6591 times)

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
Re: RCD510 \ iphone and the tom tom app
« Reply #10 on: 31 January 2010, 20:59 »
No maps on the screen.  I have the tomtom cradle kit now and have mounted it with the self adhesive 'disc' underneath the AC controls so you can't see it and when the cradle is attached with the phone and charging via the supplied cable into the cigarette lighter, it fills the ashtray area nicely and easy to see.  Down side in this location is you have no music plugged in.

I know it's probably a pain mate, but is there any chance of posting a picture of it in place, i fancy doing this when i get my new car and it's a bit dear to buy all the stuff and not like how it fits. Cheers
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline gossa

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 31 January 2010, 22:28 »
... have mounted it with the self adhesive 'disc' underneath the AC controls

hmm... personally I would find this a little low.  Better to have it higher so that you can keep half an eye on the road.

I mainly go off the voice instructions but I don;t find it any different to taking a glance at one mounted on the dash.  I'll get a pic sorted.

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #12 on: 31 January 2010, 23:52 »
Nice one, thanks gossa.

Offline keelaw

• I live here
  • It's here!
« Reply #13 on: 01 February 2010, 08:38 »

I do prefer having mine on top of the dash next to the driver's side mirror. Easy to glance at safely. Just need to remember to clean the windscreen now and again! :p
Mk6 Golf GTI 5dr, DBP, Monza Shadow, Xenons, ACC, RCD510, Park Assist, Camera, Lux pack.... and now bluetooth.... and now DSG!

Offline Dec

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 01 February 2010, 09:28 »
I don't have an RCD510 or even a mk6, but currently there is no way to get the iphone interface onto any type of screen by default.

I have been looking for an RCA cable for my iphone (most aren't compatible with the 3GS atm) which combined with the iphone jailbreak will allow me to show my iphones screen on the head units display. There is a jailbreak app that lets you change the TV out settings to display anything. I think that this is the only way possible at the moment, and I don't know if the RCD510 has a composite video input?

Offline gossa

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 01 February 2010, 18:39 »
latest generation 510's have the video in for the reverse camera so there has to be a way?

Offline ErikGTI

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 01 February 2010, 18:51 »
Yepp I have the RNS510 with the reverse cam...and the complete multimedia stuff......still to come...

So now I wonder...when I plug an iphone in...will the music storage and display be the same as a regular I-pod and regular phone.

So the only difference will be the comfortably phone charging (it still stays bluetooth I reckon)...and one apparatus in stead of phone and Ipod or do I overlook something. :undecided:
I'LL BEAT YOU TO THE BBC STUDIO........

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #17 on: 07 February 2010, 18:28 »
gossa, did you get round to takin that photo bud?

Offline gossa

• I live here
« Reply #18 on: 07 February 2010, 18:44 »
gossa, did you get round to takin that photo bud?

Hello mate, I realised i'd need to take a pic of it with the phone! I'll borrow the wifes phone.

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #19 on: 07 February 2010, 19:45 »
He he, no probs bud! :grin: :grin: