Author Topic: gti89 - 1976 Devon Camper  (Read 11724 times)

Online jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
gti89 - 1976 Devon Camper
« on: 05 April 2005, 19:12 »
ok so it's not a Golf....  :smiley:
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline vaughn

• I live here
  • now team wagon, and team grumpy trainee
Re: gti89 - 1976 Devon Camper
« Reply #1 on: 05 April 2005, 19:32 »
                a bit of info first

went to bug jam 3 years ago with a few mates and thought to myself i really want a camper 2 years after i finally bought myself one, i booked up to go to inters last year and thought sod it i`m going in my camper as i couldn`t be bothered pitching my tent, met up with some peeps at the campsite got a really good camping spot and we all hit the bar :shocked:. in the morning we were all nursing hangovers, and due to the camper we managed to water and feed all the peeps who were camping with us(you all know who you are),anyway to cut a long story short i did a few more shows in my camper and due to a few others getting new campers and mine dying a slow death, i decided to buy a new camper with a full camping interior, and get it restored to my own taste, so heres a few piccies to show you how the resto`s going and whats being done to it
when it first arrived at the garage

got it into the garage to prepare it for spraying, with the new panels welded on, ready for a rub down, and its first coat of primer

57 plate black 5dr ed30, 1969 bay window devon camper. thats all for now folks, hopefully picking up a wagon tomoz

Offline vaughn

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 05 April 2005, 19:44 »
       the camper is being sprayed baby blue on the bottom half and vw off white on the top half, it is also getting a 2litre re-con engine, its being lowered and some alloys :wink:
here`s a few piccies of the front beam being taken out to have a beam adjuster fitted(its not as easy to lower a camper than a car as on a car you have only got to change the shocks and springs but on a camper you have to cut the front beam and then weld an adjuster into it which has now been done,
the front beam taken out

lining up the beam adjuster for welding into place

and a quick picture of my old camper at action(its the green one in the middle)

57 plate black 5dr ed30, 1969 bay window devon camper. thats all for now folks, hopefully picking up a wagon tomoz

Offline vaughn

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 30 April 2005, 16:06 »
right its now in the spray booth first couple of coets of primer on then a rub down and flat back ready for the top coats

Offline vaughn

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 06 May 2005, 20:06 »
it has now finally been sprayed :cool:

Offline vaughn

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 07 May 2005, 14:14 »
its now out of the spray booth for its final polish and fit out :wink:

Offline vaughn

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 26 May 2005, 17:56 »
now its all fitted up just got to give the interior a good clean ready for action :wink:

a bit of porsche bling