Author Topic: Stokie MK6 GTi Owner, new on the scene  (Read 912 times)

Offline Ohrate

• Just got here
Stokie MK6 GTi Owner, new on the scene
« on: 15 May 2020, 17:55 »
Evening all.

How are you? I hope you are all keeping well.

I've just joined the forum, not really done forums in the past as I haven't had time to get involved properly. However, the lockdown has left me with a bit of time to get involved here.

Not really sure what you guys expect from an intro so I'm going to wing this and hope I don't come across as a clown or anything.

I'm from Stoke, been into hot hatches and more specifically Golf GTi since I was a teenager (I'm now in my 40's). I've owned MK1, MK2 (16v), and MK3 GTi's also had (wait for Booo's) a Golf Mk 4 V6 4 Motion.
I currently have (and love) a Tornado Red, 2009 5 Door (MK6) GTi. It's pretty much standard, except for a K&N Panel Filter and a RaceChips GTS box and a couple of Blacked out VW badges on the bonnet and Boot.
In terms of mods and future plans, I don't really have any other than to keep it looking as standard as possible, but looking like new. I've just had the Diamond Cut Alloys refurbed locally so they look epic again and plan to get a few dents and scratches addressed shortly before having it detailed. I also want to get the driver's side front seat (tartan cloth) reupholstered. any suggestions for this last job would be welcome

Other than that, I'm about enjoying the car for what it is really and keeping it in the best condition I can.

Well, that's a bit of background on me. are there many folks from Stoke on here?

Cheers

Chris Walton