Author Topic: 1st MK1 Golf GTI  (Read 41554 times)

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
Re: 1st MK1 Golf GTI
« Reply #50 on: 14 March 2012, 10:02 »
just seen this thread...

respect to you for taking on such a big project and you look as though you are going about it the right way :afro:

the front sound deadening on the floor is fairly easy to remove... if you get stuck just use something like autosmart tardis

when I removed mine I found there were little floor plugs which can pop out very easily... just watch out for these... although you would be able to weld something in place easily.

when you're finished you can always use something like dynamat to protect it back up again. 

Mk1 Interior Detail by Guy Frankland, on Flickr

the state of it is shocking, truly horrendous, but I am so pleased that its being restored. will follow with interest.  :cool:

Offline X4MGS

• I live here
  • VAG Parts SNOB!!!
« Reply #51 on: 14 March 2012, 11:25 »
Lol define a good price?? Looking at it now i probly did pay abit too much but no point worrying about it now just need to make the best out of wat i have, yeah its something ive always fancied so be great to do it. I can see the finished article in my head just dont know how long its gunna take to get there lol!

It's only Money....

& Whatever you paid - It's nothing to what you will pay for parts.... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

PS - What Value Do You Put On All The Fun Your Having....  :grin:  :wink:

High Quality Chrome & Black Enamel Golf GTI Keyring's.
For More Info Click To See;
My Thread On Here  Or My Ebay Store!

Offline BISSONE

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #52 on: 14 March 2012, 11:38 »
Lol define a good price?? Looking at it now i probly did pay abit too much but no point worrying about it now just need to make the best out of wat i have, yeah its something ive always fancied so be great to do it. I can see the finished article in my head just dont know how long its gunna take to get there lol!

I don't know, being generous £350?

Regardless what you paid for it, at least you're saving it rather than letting it die.

Lol in a moment of ignorance i paid £700 lol but in my defence it did come with:
2x repo wings
2x repo sills
2x rear boge turbo shock
Fuel filler repair panel
New bosch fuel pump and few other bits so could be worse.

just seen this thread...

respect to you for taking on such a big project and you look as though you are going about it the right way :afro:

the front sound deadening on the floor is fairly easy to remove... if you get stuck just use something like autosmart tardis

when I removed mine I found there were little floor plugs which can pop out very easily... just watch out for these... although you would be able to weld something in place easily.

when you're finished you can always use something like dynamat to protect it back up again. 

Mk1 Interior Detail by Guy Frankland, on Flickr

the state of it is shocking, truly horrendous, but I am so pleased that its being restored. will follow with interest.  :cool:

Yeah it is abit on the rough side but that was the point really i guess, just abit more than i first thought. Ah well if it takes me years i dont care iv got a plan of attack so just gotta stick with it.
Yeah iv seen the dinomatt stuff before or watever its called, deffinately gunna put something back down as i want the best for the old girl hehe.  :grin:

It's only Money....

& Whatever you paid - It's nothing to what you will pay for parts.... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

PS - What Value Do You Put On All The Fun Your Having....  :grin:  :wink:

Damn rite bud the parts are proving harder to come by than wen i was doing my MK2 i had before, still atleast theres not much to them ha!
I have been enjoying workin on the car so far on the strip down but rebuild may be another story lol!   :undecided:

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
« Reply #53 on: 21 March 2012, 09:42 »
Just found THIS  :cry:

Offline BISSONE

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #54 on: 21 March 2012, 14:19 »
Haha i know lets say me and the golf banged heads abit last saturday, and with other stuff i had goin on i wasnt in the best of moods and stuck it on ebay lol. Calmed down though now and dont wanna sell it but if i cancel it gunna cost £17.99 so missus has put a rediculous bid on it and wen she wins gunna cancel transation so i dont have to pay. Mite do abit of an update weekend if the weather is good.
Got a kean eye there bud, a friend text me monday morning askin if it was mine lol  :grin:
I was broken by a 30 year old car....who would of thought it?!?! Hehe

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
« Reply #55 on: 21 March 2012, 14:26 »
Haha i know lets say me and the golf banged heads abit last saturday, and with other stuff i had goin on i wasnt in the best of moods and stuck it on ebay lol. Calmed down though now and dont wanna sell it but if i cancel it gunna cost £17.99 so missus has put a rediculous bid on it and wen she wins gunna cancel transation so i dont have to pay. Mite do abit of an update weekend if the weather is good.
Got a kean eye there bud, a friend text me monday morning askin if it was mine lol  :grin:

Very keen eye for MK1's.  I flick through the bay alomst daily just in case any bargains turn up, or things I or someone else might need etc.

:grin: So you're keeping for now then....  :rolleyes:

I hope your other halfs bid doesn't reach too high or you'll still up paying due to the final value fee.

Offline BISSONE

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #56 on: 21 March 2012, 14:34 »
Yup keeping it, unless someone fancies outbidding my partners rediculously high 1 hehe. Nah if we both agree to cancel transaction it doesnt charge you, or atleast it never used to. Ill find out tomorrow lol!

Offline X4MGS

• I live here
  • VAG Parts SNOB!!!
« Reply #57 on: 21 March 2012, 14:54 »

That happens to me all the time when it comes to my lads MK2!!!  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline X4MGS

• I live here
  • VAG Parts SNOB!!!
« Reply #58 on: 21 March 2012, 14:55 »
Yup keeping it, unless someone fancies outbidding my partners rediculously high 1 hehe. Nah if we both agree to cancel transaction it doesnt charge you, or atleast it never used to. Ill find out tomorrow lol!

It won't but you will not get your listing fee's back!

Offline BISSONE

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #59 on: 22 March 2012, 20:27 »

It won't but you will not get your listing fee's back!

Damn you were right haha! Never mind serves me right for goin off on a maden!