Author Topic: My WoWo Lambswool Wash Mitt Review - NEW PRODUCT!  (Read 14971 times)

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
Re: My WoWo Lambswool Wash Mitt Review - NEW PRODUCT!
« Reply #10 on: 19 September 2014, 17:35 »
I have never had any mitt last a year.  I've had a few that struggled to last 6 months though. Suppose it depends on car washing frequency?

Would it not depend on how you look after the mitt?  It should be real wool mitts are skin on the inside, water + skin = rot = wool falling out??  Maybe I'm totally of on that.

Yes it would partly depend on that, but the more you use it to wash the car the more aftercare is required.  As lambswool/sheepskin mitts are wool and skin, as you say, rot can set in and significantly reduce the lifespan of a mitt.  Which is why the WoWo mitt is good because it rapidly dries thoroughly overall, but most importantly dries quickly and thoroughly on the inside,  therefore there is much less chance of rot and greater longevity.  Obviously time will tell but I am encouraged by it so far.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Wo-Wo

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
  • www.wo-wo.co.uk
« Reply #11 on: 19 September 2014, 17:35 »
Its product reviews like this that help a fellow enthusiast like myself make a decision!

What is the likely cost of this wash mitt and when can I get one :)

If you can PM me details that would be great

Once I have the proper item images, which should be next week I'll post those along with prices etc.

Thanks for the positive post.

Offline Wo-Wo

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
  • www.wo-wo.co.uk
« Reply #12 on: 19 September 2014, 17:39 »
The 'slimey' element is something we discussed as it's always freaked me out a bit tbh. It's a fair comment about wool falling out too and this is all about the way you look after the mitt.

Rinse thoroughly
Ring it out
Let it air dry
Don't force dry it I.e. On radiators etc

Treat it like you would a wool jumper - nice and gentle

I have one that I have used which was a 'prototype' and it's still going strong, I'll take some pics of that over the weekend and see what you think.

Cheers

Neil

Offline Wo-Wo

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
  • www.wo-wo.co.uk
« Reply #13 on: 19 September 2014, 17:42 »
This is looking really impressive and great write up Rebecca! I particularly like the drying bag idea, that is a great selling point! I've never got on with wash mitts particularly as I have very sensitive skin on my hands and have to wear gloves to protect them during washing. Using a mitt just ends up with shampoo water inside my rubber gloves which isn't ideal. Any plans for a wash pad or similar?

Packaging looks great too. Very interested to see what other products you guys come out with.

Thanks Seabrook, we hoped people would like he drying bag. I have a similar issue so I put two gloves on my right hand, the sort that hospitals use, and it does this trick kind of.

We're looking at a number of other options so all I can say is watch this space.

Cheers

Neil

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #14 on: 19 September 2014, 19:53 »
This is looking really impressive and great write up Rebecca! I particularly like the drying bag idea, that is a great selling point! I've never got on with wash mitts particularly as I have very sensitive skin on my hands and have to wear gloves to protect them during washing. Using a mitt just ends up with shampoo water inside my rubber gloves which isn't ideal. Any plans for a wash pad or similar?

Packaging looks great too. Very interested to see what other products you guys come out with.

Thanks Seabrook, we hoped people would like he drying bag. I have a similar issue so I put two gloves on my right hand, the sort that hospitals use, and it does this trick kind of.

We're looking at a number of other options so all I can say is watch this space.

Cheers
Neil

Weird, I get very dry skin on palm of my right hand only but this is actually caused by car washing  :whistle:

Maybe we should think up a name for car washing hand syndrome, you know along the lines of tennis elbow etc :grin:

Btw Neil, I want my mitt drying bag, I feel cheated  :tongue:  Seriously it is a great idea though.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Wo-Wo

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
  • www.wo-wo.co.uk
« Reply #15 on: 19 September 2014, 21:25 »
Sorry booth, will sort it Monday.

I think it's called EDS - Extensive detailing syndrome?

Offline Nino

• I live here
VW Car history
Mk3 1.8 GL - Silver - 5 door
Mk4 1.8t - Silver - 3 door
Mk4 R32 - Black - 5 door
Mk5 GTi - Black - 5 door
Mk4 R32 - Deep Pearl Blue - 3 door
MK6 2.0 TDI - Graphite Blue - 5 door
MK7 GTD - Solid Black - 5 door
MK6 GTi Edition 35 - Candy White - 3 door

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #17 on: 20 September 2014, 09:32 »
Nice review.

I would highly reckonmend this one its nickname is the wookie's fist :)
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dodo-Juice-Supernatural-Wookies-Fist-Wash-Mitt-/271225764021?pt=UK_Car_Accessories_Car_Care_Cleaning&hash=item3f2650b8b5

The Wookie's Fist is usually the mitt I use in winter.  Or there's the Yeti's Fist too.  Great cleaning ability, but they get really heavy when fully saturated and it's a real effort to rinse them.
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline seabrook132

• I live here
« Reply #18 on: 20 September 2014, 15:16 »

Cheers

Neil

Cheers for the response Neil, I will watch this space with interest :) Great to see products that are obviously the result of people with genuine enthusiasm for what they they do

2011 GTI DSG 5dr, Tornado Red, 18" Monza Shadows, Heated Leather, RNS-510, MDI, Bilstein B16 PSS10 Coilovers, Ohlins DCC Cancellation Kit, Audi TT-RS Front Top Mounts, Whiteline 24mm Rear ARB, Michelin Pilot Sport 4, 034 Motorsports Street Density Engine and Gearbox Mounts, Audi R8 Red Coil Packs, NGK BKR7EIX, Millers 5W-40 Nanodrive

Offline Wo-Wo

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
  • www.wo-wo.co.uk
« Reply #19 on: 22 September 2014, 07:38 »
Morning All

Here's a couple of pics which show the prototypes that we've been using for approx. 4 months. One was meticulously looked after to test its longevity under those conditions the other less so, in order to see if fell apart, neither have.

As seabrook mentioned all of our range has been developed with 'would I use this on my car' in mind and any of you that know me as Ginge 35Edition know that I have relatively high standards so you can buy with this confidence in mind. Hopefully by the end of this week I will be able to direct you to our first online reseller and then your own experiences will be an invaluable test.

Cheers

Neil