Author Topic: Wax or Polish??  (Read 5568 times)

Offline rio_gti

• I live here
  • "i'm not spending any money on it" Got a Hybrid!
Re: Wax or Polish??
« Reply #10 on: 07 March 2013, 16:11 »
lol so what you sayin is buy

Lime Prime from Dodo Juice to polish it, then

Poorboys Black Hole to glaze, then

Supernatural Hybrid Paste Sealant to seal the deal?

got alot of maguires stuff as a pal said its best for black but got is no sealent or wax  :embarrassed:

2000 GTI 1.8t ARZ, S2000 filter, DSG intake, Forge 007 dv, Catch can, R-tech custom remap, 3" Supersize Silicone TIP, Powerflex dog bone, 'The Beast' FMIC, Ultimate delete, LCR fuel pump, 3" Turbo back, K03 hybrid, Ported Manifold, S3 injectors, 80mm maf = 280bhp 270lbft :evil:

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #11 on: 07 March 2013, 17:55 »
That should give you a crackin finish mate. :afro:
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 07 March 2013, 18:46 »

got alot of maguires stuff as a pal said its best for black but got is no sealent or wax  :embarrassed:

Yes Yes to all three and don't forget when you do get round to doing it "we want pic"  :wink:
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline tg1

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 07 March 2013, 19:01 »
meguires stuff isnt awful, well not all of it  :laugh:

could just get a bottle of z5/z2 from zaino but they dont do much if anything for swirls by hand. polish/sealant all in one.

Offline SI74

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 07 March 2013, 20:51 »

Was just using them to show you the stages of what way to go about doing it but all 3 are very good at what they do. Two coats of the hybrid should last 6 months or so depending on what shampoo you use.

Offline rio_gti

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 07 March 2013, 20:53 »
lol see what i can pick up at UDs then  :smiley:

yeah picks will deffo follow   :wink:

will prob be using maguires gold class shampoo.... unless your gonna suggest i spend more money and buy somethin else  :grin:

i hate this forum and the missus hates it more...... gonna have to remortgage our house soon!!!!

2000 GTI 1.8t ARZ, S2000 filter, DSG intake, Forge 007 dv, Catch can, R-tech custom remap, 3" Supersize Silicone TIP, Powerflex dog bone, 'The Beast' FMIC, Ultimate delete, LCR fuel pump, 3" Turbo back, K03 hybrid, Ported Manifold, S3 injectors, 80mm maf = 280bhp 270lbft :evil:

Offline SI74

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 07 March 2013, 21:45 »
lol, ive just got to point where I dont say then if she brings it up I'm like I got that ages ago   :grin:

Gold Class is a good shampoo ive used it before but I buy a different one each time just to try them. Ive just finished Dodo Juice Supernatural shampoo and now on to Poorboys World Super Slick and Suds.  So far the Poorboys wins it.

Offline rio_gti

• I live here
« Reply #17 on: 07 March 2013, 23:19 »
Thanks for adding that to the list  :laugh:

Deffo gonna sound like an animal right now but I got that shampoo not long after I got the car..... And I still got just under half left  :lipsrsealed:   :rolleyes:

Offline Seanl

• I live here
« Reply #18 on: 08 March 2013, 18:37 »
Lime Prime and Black hole are the same thing! Both glazes that offer a small amount of cut and use fillers. Unless u mean lime prime light which is more a pre wax  cleanser.
Classic Green Corrado VR6 Storm | Jetex Cat back | BMC CDA | VT mounts | Bilstein B12 | 288mm front brakes | Mk4 rear brakes | Goodridge braided hoses | BBS RX228s | Shortshifter | Lupo wipers | Uprated headlight loom | All red rears | Refreshed leather | Fresh paint |

Offline Adrena1in

• Not said much yet
« Reply #19 on: 23 March 2013, 16:25 »
i hate this forum and the missus hates it more...... gonna have to remortgage our house soon!!!!
Ha, don't blame the forum...blame the car.   :rolleyes:

I know what you mean though, I've only ever owned cheap "Wash and Wax" for cleaning my cars, no more.  Now I've got a decent Golf I suddenly find my garage shelves full of all sorts of Polish and Wax and Polishers and Glass Cleaners, with micro-fibre cloths everywhere.   :rolleyes:

And I've gone from a 6-monthly car-clean, usually at a Car-Wash, to doing it by hand every couple of weeks.   :nerd:
2009 Golf GTD in Pearlescent Black.