Author Topic: Chemical Guy's JetSeal 109  (Read 8580 times)

Offline BJD

• GTI forum regular
  • G2 GTI 16V - G4 TDI 130
Chemical Guy's JetSeal 109
« on: 26 April 2010, 22:28 »
Thinking of buying some JetSeal 109 from waxamomo.co.uk, was wondering a good wax to go with? Products i'll be using before hand: Dodo Juice Born To Be Mild, Bilt Hamber Clay, AG SRP, JeatSeal 109...then a wax?
Is JetSeal needed? or would a good wax be fine? Any suggestions, comments appreciated.

Barry

Offline Dan J

• I live here
  • Pro Valeting and correcting paint since 95
Re: Chemical Guy's JetSeal 109
« Reply #1 on: 26 April 2010, 22:44 »
jetseal is very good, its a sealant so yes its a very relevant product it provides very good protection from uv rays which over time damage your clearcote and paint,it also stops contaminents bonding to the surface and corroding.

wax wise id suggest:
 dodojuice purpe haze,
rainforest rub,
bluevelvet,
supernatural,

collinite 845,
collinite 476s,
collinite 915,

megs mirror glaze#16
I EAT CARNAUBA FLAKES FOR BREAKFAST!!!

Offline BJD

• GTI forum regular
  • G2 GTI 16V - G4 TDI 130
« Reply #2 on: 26 April 2010, 22:53 »
I've heard a lot of good things about puple haze, but iv heard collinite is more durable wax?

So if i go for JetSeal then purple haze?

Thanks for your help  :grin:

Offline Dan J

• I live here
  • Pro Valeting and correcting paint since 95
« Reply #3 on: 27 April 2010, 18:52 »
yep collinite waxs are highly durable but lack the wet look finish imho.

+1 :wink: for the purple haze purchase :grin:
I EAT CARNAUBA FLAKES FOR BREAKFAST!!!

kells

« Reply #4 on: 27 April 2010, 18:57 »
JETSEAL is my fave product of em all  :cool:

Offline inivid

• Not said much yet
  • US Spec. MkIV
« Reply #5 on: 27 April 2010, 23:26 »
I read a review of JS109 a couple years ago.  As a durability test, it was used on a set of factory painted wheels; on a Mitsubishi EVO, if I recall correctly.  The results of a simple rinse, after a month of brake-dust build-up and road debris, was incredible.  It's beading ability was only slightly diminished and the wheels looked freshly detailed after only a rinse.  As sealants go, it's among the most durable I have ever used.  I've been using it ever since I read that review.  Wish I could find it, but it's been too long.  I forgot what forum it was in.

Offline javalin

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 28 April 2010, 08:15 »
I jetseal 109'd my alloys weekend before last.  Dead easy to do - if time consuming to remove, clean, seal and re-fit x 4.  But!  This weekend a quick brush with the end of the bucket has brought them up clean again!

:-)

James
You only ever need two tools in life. If it moves and it shouldn't use Duct Tape. If it does not move and it should, use WD40.

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #7 on: 28 April 2010, 09:09 »
I jetseal 109'd my alloys weekend before last.  Dead easy to do - if time consuming to remove, clean, seal and re-fit x 4.  But!  This weekend a quick brush with the end of the bucket has brought them up clean again!

:-)

James

how the hell do you do that?  :huh:

Offline javalin

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 28 April 2010, 09:12 »
 :wink:

I mean I used the last of the soapy water and the wheel brush to clean them off - rather than the wheel cleaner goo.

Its ok - i've had a second cup of tea now!

J
You only ever need two tools in life. If it moves and it shouldn't use Duct Tape. If it does not move and it should, use WD40.

Offline VWKev

• I live here
  • Please Support Non-Human Rights
« Reply #9 on: 28 April 2010, 13:06 »
I've never understood why people find it hard to buy ?

1st hit from google

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Jetseal+109

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"